By superficialheart - 21/01/2012 11:59 - China

Today, while riding back from a weekend away with my boyfriend, we crashed his motorbike, resulting in us getting thrown over a barbed wire fence into a forest. I woke up in hospital. Apparently, in his adrenaline rush, he climbed back on his bike and continued his trip, forgetting all about me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 430
You deserved it 3 256

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He didn't forget you. He CHOSE to forget you. Big difference.

Comments

As somebody who's had a couple of motorcycle crashes in my life, his behavior is perfectly acceptable. It's a completely terrifying experience and your body pumps the adrenaline, and for some reason, when you crash, your instant reaction is to get the bike back up and get on. All these people saying "Oh you should dump him!" "What a jerk!" "He better be your ex!" Please, tell me, when's the last time you crashed a motorcycle?

I'm sorry but because of this response I had to ask my husband about it considering I have never been in a motorcycle crash, you're comment is wrong and I pray that if and when you have a significant other you never put him or her in this type of situation. It is NOT okay and definitely is NOT normal. If he cared for her then his adrenaline rush would have also been pinpointed towards her and not the bike. He is a dirt bag and she needs to find someone that would protect her. She is more important than the damn bike. I'm sorry OP that this happened to you but I'm glad you're okay and at least now you know he won't have your back when it's needed the most. I'm glad you found out this way and not if someone was trying to rob you guys on the street or something. Good luck hun!

CinderellaC 4

yea, OP seems to understand his behavior by attributing it to "adrenaline rush". But as much as I would understand him, I would still be livid that he left me.

I was going to say...it seems like the OP's boyfriend was probably in shock or something and reacted in a way that he normally wouldn't.

monkiki62 5

And adrenaline effects your memory how?

blair_x 12

Right. So, fine. Drive off all the adrenaline. Her boyfriend still could've come back for her after the shock-factor of it all wore off. There is no excuse for his scummy behavior.

I ride and have dumped my bike once or twice. I have been fortunate enough never to have had a passenger on the back when that has happened, but I can tell you, leaving your passenger for dead in a field somewhere is pretty craven behavior. I know what it's like to be high on adrenaline after dumping my bike and I can't imagine doing anything of the kind.

timetogrowup 0

I've been the passenger on a bike that went down. With adrenaline racing and once we figured out what happened, our first reactions were to find each other. His main concern was making sure I was alright, despite him being the one dripping blood. Yes, we both wanted to get back on immediately after, although he wanted me on his brother's bike instead because he felt so bad about nearly killing me. Moments like that bring a rush of affection for the one you love. I think that in this case the adrenaline excuse was what he came up with when he didn't want to admit to cowardice. If his first thoughts are self-preservation, OP should also think of herself and find someone who isn't so selfish.

klimp 0

Who says he even had a cell phone with him?

baylee13 5

I'd find him,chop his dick off and shove his bike down the new orifice...just sayin..

I sure wish my bot friend was as gallant a knight in shining armor as yours is...

Mayberry_Brown 9

As long as it's a weekend! That's close enough for the train! XD

Hope you get feeling better, OP! Maybe from this tragic event, you'll meet a cute guy who'll nurse you back to health- someone who's worth your time. Good luck! :)

pepelapew 0
aawweessoommee 9

Screw him. as long as your ok, that's all that matters.