By michelle - 15/11/2015 15:21 - Netherlands - Amsterdam

Today, while my husband was at work, he missed our son saying his first word ("Dada"), taking his first steps and smashing the widescreen TV with a well-aimed teddy bear. Care to guess which of these three things made my husband cry. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 379
You deserved it 2 863

Same thing different taste

Top comments

is his teddy bear made of solid brick?

How does a small child smash a TV with a teddy bear

Comments

Trolloled 16

I think any reasonable person would cry the same way your husband did. Yes, first words are pretty adorable (as are first steps), but there will be plenty of those (not first, but words and steps) to go around for the rest of his life. The TV probably cost money to get and it will cost even more to replace. So, yeah, I think his reaction was perfectly normal.

Tv's are expensive and with a new baby he probably can't afford another one. You have got to remember this tv is likely the only escape, or free time activity he'll have for a while in between looking after the child. First words are great but the kid will walk and talk and those memories are priceless, a tv isn't and will cost a lot to replace.

A mixture of the good things made him cry right?

Well obviously the TV. The other 2 are sad indeed, but the TV could really break the bank. Which could be very tough with a newborn. Then again, a TV is a luxury item, not a necessity.

My very correct and in no way sarcastic guess would be missing the first steps

How did he break the TV with a teddy bear?

I'm female, and having my widescreen tv broken by a toddler, even if it is my own child, would still make me cry. However, I am super broke and wouldn't be able to replace it is why I would cry. I would probably cry and permanently take the teddy bear away from the kid, and then we could cry together over the loss of our toys.

schreibergx93 19

Young children are great at utilizing soft objects to do damage. Just saying.