By Noname - 18/03/2009 01:24 - United States

Today, while I was out to eat, I was approached by the restaurant manager. He told me that while he respected my personal choices, his patrons didn't feel comfortable with someone who used to be a man using the women's restroom. He thought I was a transsexual. I am a naturally-born female. FML
I agree, your life sucks 384 019
You deserved it 36 156

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't see why people would be uncomfortable seeing someone using the restroom, I mean the woman's washroom have stalls... unless you were standing while peeing... or doing perverted shit by peeking on someone then yea. I'm a female and I walk into the guy's if the girl's is locked. Seriously, transsexual or not, if you have to go you have to go. But then again a guy wouldn't be comfortable seeing a female in their washroom. I feel for you but I can't help but laugh at this situation.

Most transgendered people I know look *fantastic*, you'd be hard pressed to tell. That aside, what the manager did was also against the law (at least in the US). Transgendered people who have undergone sexual reassignment surgery are then LEGALLY the gender they transitioned to. In other words, if you are a transgendered person born a man who transitions to a woman and has surgery, you can have your birth certificate altered. You can also now legally marry a woman in any state in the United States, because you ARE a woman. And all THAT aside, I wouldn't care if someone was a transvestite, if you're dressed as a woman feel free to use the bathroom. Unless the person (ANY PERSON) is doing something other than appropriately using the facility...who cares. :P What a bigot that manager was!

Comments

bobhope123 0

you're a ******* fat bitch with no basic human rights GTFO

really? i would have stood on the table and stripped down every piece of clothing and yelled " so who thought i was once a man? these puppies and love box are real son!"

mynameis_fml 0

#6 "Transgendered people who have undergone sexual reassignment surgery are then LEGALLY the gender they transitioned to. In other words, if you are a transgendered person born a man who transitions to a woman and has surgery, you can have your birth certificate altered" proof read before you post and check your information before you post false facts

In many countries, this IS true. Don't be so ignorant.

AngelAshley 0

Being transexual myself this is close to home. In the UK it is against the law for employers to request that transexual employees use the mens/disables toilets... not sure about resturants though, I guess it would be the same. In fact, I was out clubbing once and it was "Drag night" where all the guys dress as girls. I was in the queue for the ladies and one of the staff came up to me and told me I wasn't allowed in. I tried to explain that I am actually transexual and not just dressing up but she wouldn't have it. I was really worried and upset cos there was no WAY I was going in the guys so I waited around not knowing what to do. Thankfully she came back a few minutes later and appologised, having spoken to her superiors.

I think this is an FML to all involved. Honestly, the manager probably got complaints from customers, and any manager would want to make his/her customers feel happy. So he told you out of he fact that others complained, then you told him you're a girl, and he's probably in an uncomfortable situation now. So it's like two FML's.

How anyone can say you deserve this is beyond me... I also wonder why people would care if a person who used to be a man uses the ladies room? It's not like the guy had the sex-change so he could spy on girls while they pee. And lol @ #9. Such an american XD

rebel1013 0

1. This effing SUCKSSSSSS dude. I am so sorry for you 2. If you have a ******, you should be able to use the restroom, not if you wear female clothing. That means any cross dressing pervert could wonder into a female bathroom. Who knows what kind of insanity would ensue! lol lol lol rofl

TallMist 32

Just because you crossdress doesn't mean you're a pervert.

"If you have a ******, you should be able to use the restroom, not if you wear female clothing." - I do wonder just who would be responsible for testing the genitals of patrons wishing to use the toilets, or in what way it matters to other people what genitals you have, does your pee go in the wrong direction when somebody with different genitals get too close or something?