By anon - 27/03/2015 20:09 - United States - San Francisco

Today, while getting ready for a job interview, I sneezed while brushing my teeth, splattering toothpaste everywhere and ruining my brand new dress. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 924
You deserved it 4 779

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aw hopefully you had some back up outfits

Next time something like this occurs, look up quick home remedies :) sorry OP hope your interview went well anyway!

Comments

How did you not feel the sneeze coming on and spit out the toothpaste?

You mean you haven't had sudden sneezes hit you? I've sneezed whilst eating soup before, that was fun...

Shadowvoid 33

If you can get to it in time you can wet a cloth and get out the toothpaste (in my experience) but this is why I leave a 30 minute leeway when I have important events because I know I can be a mess and there are few worse experiences than forgetting to brush your teeth and hair before close up encounters with people.

Why were you wearing the dress to the dentist in the first place?

idk where you got going to the dentist from

She didn't visit the dentist, she brushed her teeth on her own. I've heard that's what most people do.

try your best to clean it. if not just put something else on? good luck OP.

that's why I brush my teeth before I get dressed.

That's what I thought too. Why get dressed before you're ready to head out?

Me too. I do all the messy stuff first, hair, teeth, make up and then I get dressed or I put on a zip up hoodie if I don't have time to spare.

Me too. Changing is basically the last thing I do. But I could see how op could get the routine mixed up a bit if she was in a huge rush. Best to always change last op!

Dang OP. That's rough. I feel your pain. I bought a new pair of black pants and someone kicked a puddle of bleach at my leg. Now they're orange and black.

Good thing orange is the new black. ..I'll see myself out

I'm wondering why you had a puddle of bleach on the floor. That and why the **** would someone kick said puddle at you?

Maybe someone had washed their shop's floor with bleach and threw the dirty/bleach-y water on the pavement.

I always brush my teeth while while showering. Just saying.

I'd be way too afraid to get shampoo in my mouth.

I wouldn't shampoo while brushing my teeth. I brush my teeth then shampoo.

That makes sense^^ Was just the first thing that came to my mind when I read your comment.

Actually, I would highly recommend using the faucet. The world is going through a bit of a fresh water shortage and you're wasting gallons by brushing in the shower, so please try and make the switch to the faucet. And remember to turn off the water when not directly in use :) (I don't mean to be rude, I'm just really big on water conservation)

That sucks, so FYL, but why brush your teeth with your interview clothes on, that's kinda begging Murphy's Law to grace you with his presence, so in a way YDI, kinda torn on this one, kinda tough lol

Haha, this sounds like something I could have done myself :0 hope the interview went good nonetheless, OP :D

finalyearsofhate 22

It will wash out. It sucks that you had to get changed, but don't trash the dress over a little toothpaste. Always brush then get dressed.