By anon - 27/03/2015 20:09 - United States - San Francisco

Today, while getting ready for a job interview, I sneezed while brushing my teeth, splattering toothpaste everywhere and ruining my brand new dress. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 924
You deserved it 4 780

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aw hopefully you had some back up outfits

Next time something like this occurs, look up quick home remedies :) sorry OP hope your interview went well anyway!

Comments

DaraPhantomhive 14

You could've brushed your teeth in your pajamas?

were you not standing in front of a sink? you could have just sneezed into the sink and not had to worry about the first step of "Spit & Rinse"

With all due respect O.P., the correct terminology is "spatter," not "splatter." "Splat" is the sound that is made when something is directed or spewed toward an object. So the toothpaste would be spattering at your dress, not splattering. On an end note though, I am sorry about your dress and hope you are either able to return it or wash the toothpaste out.

with all due respect #52, splat is not just a sound. splatter verb gerund or present participle: splattering 1. splash with a liquid, typically a thick or viscous one. "a passing cart rolled by, splattering him with mud"

Let me make this clear, I am not a rude person, I am far from that. I was simply correcting her saying that her toothpaste "spattered" on her dress and not "splattered." And I am correct, my field of study is criminalistics (a.ka. forensics). Anyone who has studied or taken a class in/on forensics will learn that it is in fact "spatter" and not "splatter." It is one of our biggest pet-peeves in the forensics world to hear/see people use the term "splatter" instead of "spatter." Go to a book store or a library, get a forensics book, and look it up.

If you got the job you will have enough money to clean it up at least.

Jethco 15

Getting Ready 101: brush your teeth BEFORE getting dressed.

I've learn through experience always put a towel over you when you wear brand new clothes or when you're wearing clothes for an interview. Wait, why the hell wouldn't you brush your teeth first?

Why didn't you brush your teeth before getting dressed?

Never ever brush your teeth while wearing important clothes. Sounds dumb but isn't, it doesn't have to be an interview, even to a fancy dress party this advice works. Sucks that it happened, but you've learned something at least.