By Lizzie - 30/05/2013 22:32 - United States - Rockford

Today, we had a get together for work at a restaurant I've never heard of. After spending all week trying to make a good impression on my new boss and co-workers, I showed up in a pair of shorts and a Star Wars T-Shirt. Turns out it was one of the fanciest restaurants in town. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 471
You deserved it 53 310

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TweetAnne 13

You should of research / google the restaurant before going, or asked someone if it was casual or business casual dress.

Star wars is fancy. So I don't see the problem.

Comments

kaduzy 12

YDI, big time. It's called RESEARCH and it's not hard to do.

If I were your boss, I would have given you extra points for showing up in Star Wars gear.

avapaige1234 19

This same situation just happens to me all the time.

Slavgaard 16

GOOGLE can be your friend...use him.

To me that would depend on whether it's a work function or not. You could be going to an outside work function, or you could just happen to be going out with co-workers. If I'm going to the amusement park with co-workers (which we've done), I'm going to dress for the weather, which will likely be shorts and a t-shirt or something similar. However, if it's a work dinner where it's clear you're still representing your work, then it would all depend on the level of casual that exists at your job.

Even if you never heard of the place before... never is it appropriate for shorts and a t-shirt when with co workers and a boss. At least jeans and a nice shirt. This is common sense.

Why would you wear a t-shirt and shorts to see your boss in the first place? YDI.

XxTaliaxX 16

THAT is why you always do your research first!

blackvyper 8

Next time use a search engine.

It's called the Internet... If you where trying to make an impression mb you should have done your home work. You probably have an iPhone to you could h e just asked your phone lazy ass