By Lizzie - 30/05/2013 22:32 - United States - Rockford

Today, we had a get together for work at a restaurant I've never heard of. After spending all week trying to make a good impression on my new boss and co-workers, I showed up in a pair of shorts and a Star Wars T-Shirt. Turns out it was one of the fanciest restaurants in town. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 471
You deserved it 53 309

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TweetAnne 13

You should of research / google the restaurant before going, or asked someone if it was casual or business casual dress.

Star wars is fancy. So I don't see the problem.

Comments

May the force be with you next time

Jazzalyn 10

Although I'm wondering if OPs workplace is some crazy place where people just dress really casually therefore making her think that maybe the place they were going to for dinner would be too, she still should have looked it up.

Ha.. I woulndt wear a star wars shirt in any kind of place.

*waves hand* This is not the attire you're looking for. Situatuons like this is why I always keep a monocle in my back pocket. Instant Classy. Though the monocle is the reason I wear stab resistant underwear.

There is what we call yelp... You should have look that up, so YDI for this one.

perdix 29

What impression were you trying to make with that outfit anyways? If you've got a good body, you might give off that "hot nerd" vibe ;)

Whyyy would you wear shorts and a Star Wars tshirt to ANY restaurant

Maybe a fast food chain like McDonald's, the Walmart of fast food.

YDI for not searching the restaurant up.

perdix 29

I remember the first after work TGIF get-together I had when I started a new job. It was my first week, so I showed up in a kilt with ice skates and my "Makin' Bacon" t-shirt. I got a promotion on Monday.

You got the promotion because your boss was traumatized. He felt the only way to preserve his sanity was to increase your salary so that you could purchase normal clothes.

perdix 29

#28, it worked, because with the extra money, I was able to buy a codpiece, ski boots and the rhinestone-encrusted version of the "Makin' Bacon" T-shirt that's infused with bacon scent. It's good to live like classy rich folk.

Ooh, you're aiming for the top, I see. By the time you make CEO, will you be dancing naked with nipple piercings and badly applied Joker makeup?