By Lizzie - 30/05/2013 22:32 - United States - Rockford

Today, we had a get together for work at a restaurant I've never heard of. After spending all week trying to make a good impression on my new boss and co-workers, I showed up in a pair of shorts and a Star Wars T-Shirt. Turns out it was one of the fanciest restaurants in town. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 471
You deserved it 53 310

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TweetAnne 13

You should of research / google the restaurant before going, or asked someone if it was casual or business casual dress.

Star wars is fancy. So I don't see the problem.

Comments

I agree that you should have looked the restaurant up. However, more importantly, I think you should have dressed better because you were going out with coworkers regardlesd of how fancy the restaurant was.

Lili_love 14

it shouldn't have mattered if you were going to McDonalds! If it involves a boss and coworkers, you dress nicely. commom sense, therefore ydi

Dusty_Busters 15

Well points for the shirt, I absolutely love SW! Buuuut if you're trying to impress don't wear that shit to a work meal.

Dusty_Busters 15

Ps I wear star wars shirts to work all the time so I get ya

This is why we have internet to look up places so this kind of thing doesn't happen.

What kind of restaurant is that appropriate for? That seems an odd choice. This is why you speak to your co-workers beforehand and ask what they plan on wearing. No one wants to be over or under dressed at these things.

Why would you wear that shit anywhere if you were trying to impress someone. That's something my nine year old wears.

Bet you felt stupid, it was just a feeling, let it go.

If you don't know something google it :)

So, you were trying to make a good impression and that's the outfit you chose? How old are you, ten? And you couldn't have asked someone about the restaurant or looked it up? YDI

9000% your fault :/ Seriously, the internet exists for a reason, and if you could submit this fml you obviously have access. It would have taken you a minute to find out. And even if you couldn't look it up, always dress for any occasion. If anyone ever wonders why you're dressed very nicely at a casual or classy casual event, you can ALWAYS give an excuse for what you're doing afterwards (date, party, friend wants a photoshoot of fancy people, night out with the lads, whatever).