By Lizzie - 30/05/2013 22:32 - United States - Rockford

Today, we had a get together for work at a restaurant I've never heard of. After spending all week trying to make a good impression on my new boss and co-workers, I showed up in a pair of shorts and a Star Wars T-Shirt. Turns out it was one of the fanciest restaurants in town. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 471
You deserved it 53 310

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TweetAnne 13

You should of research / google the restaurant before going, or asked someone if it was casual or business casual dress.

Star wars is fancy. So I don't see the problem.

Comments

When is it a good idea to go casual for work?

Only when the boss specifically says to do so :)

PhDInLife 8

You could have (apparently SHOULD have ) just asked a coworker "hey, I'm new, what should I wear to these kind of functions?" Preparedness and information will limit your embarrassment, piece of advice.

Why would you wear that around your boss??? Hope you're 90 days is up!

Even if it is a casual dinner, you shouldn't be wearing shorts and themed T-shirt around your boss, an exception would be I guess a pool party. Always, always do your research if it's work related. Lesson learned.

xStaciexLynnx 15

Even when its a 'casual' function I still dress up. I just went to a meeting where the district manager said jeans and a t-shirt were completely okay and only one or two people actually wore jeans and a t shirt, most were dressier.

Well, if you'd never heard of it you should have researched it. And who turns up wearing shorts and t-shirt to a dinner anyway!? YDI.

You could have checked out the restaurant online...but still Star Wars FTW...

It was a restaurant you were going to and yet you dressed like you were going to a pool party?

lexxiii 17

This was a mega plot twist for me. Every time I try to impress my boss I dress FANCY. T-shirts are never appropriate for your poss unless y'all are super close.

and why didn't you google the restaurant???? i would have to figure out what kind it is...