By Lizzie - 30/05/2013 22:32 - United States - Rockford

Today, we had a get together for work at a restaurant I've never heard of. After spending all week trying to make a good impression on my new boss and co-workers, I showed up in a pair of shorts and a Star Wars T-Shirt. Turns out it was one of the fanciest restaurants in town. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 471
You deserved it 53 310

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TweetAnne 13

You should of research / google the restaurant before going, or asked someone if it was casual or business casual dress.

Star wars is fancy. So I don't see the problem.

Comments

Star wars is fancy. So I don't see the problem.

Pwn17 25

Problem is that they were trekies.

UnluckyGenius 21

Poor OP was outnumbered. The Trekkies are easily frightened, but they always return in larger numbers.

I don't really understand how shorts and a Star Wars shirt would make a good impression, but why wouldn't you google the restaurant if you'd never heard of it? Come on now...

You deserve it for owning a Star Wars shirt. Just stay home next time... aka mom and dads basement

TweetAnne 13

You should of research / google the restaurant before going, or asked someone if it was casual or business casual dress.

or even drove past the place the day before.

Agreed. Never go to a place you never heard of without searching it up. That also includes websites.

Year 11, so true. Also, you're going to a restaurant with your BOSS. You could've dressed nicely, just to be on the safe side. Not only because it's professional, but also you said you're trying to impress your new boss and co-workers.

You know what they say. "When the ship has sunk, everybody knows how it might've been saved."

SHOULD HAVE. The phrase is SHOULD HAVE. ****.

If you've never heard of anything to do with work, always look it up. Be it a restaurant you're going to or a product your boss mentions. It could be extremely important. Also, when you're going to a company dinner surely it's just common sense to dress moderately well? I'm not saying go all out every time, but jeans and a shirt should be the minimum.

If it's a work function, it's always a good idea to at least wear slacks and a collared shirt, if not shirt and tie (or equivalent attire for the ladies). It's better to overdress than to underdress. One can always remove a jacket or a tie but you'll be hard pressed to improve your appearance within minutes.

Did you not think to check what sort of restaurant you were going to? Even a casual question or a google search would have prevented that.

Why, if you're trying to impress your boss, wouldn't you dress appropriate anyway. Better to overdress than underdress.

KareBear7364 5

Whenever you plan to go out with coworkers or a work function, ALWAYS dress up nicely. I Love Star Wars, but I mean, even Princess Leia let her hair down and dressed up for the Ewoks...

You didn't really try, did you. Did you wear jandals too?

Whay unholy creation of man might jandals be? I'm gonna guess Jean Sandals but even that seems too ridiculous.

Apparently jandles are just flip flops. I'm disappointed.

Like Nike slippers. Made by Michael Jordan.

Haha think jandals are called thongs or flip flops in other countries.

Michael_92 20

I don't see how this isn't ydi. If you want to impress people one of the first things to do is dress good. Didn't you Google the place to see what kind of restaurant it was?