By Venus - 13/03/2014 22:28 - United States - La Crescenta

Today, upon being asked to name all the planets, I had to sing along to a Lady Gaga song in my head to remember them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 239
You deserved it 12 533

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'll give you an applause for trying, even though I show no emotion whatsoever with my poker face.

Please tell me you said "don't you know my ass is famous?" After saying Uranus?

Comments

Well, atleast you had a way of knowing them.

kewpiesuicide 29

My Very Excellent Mother Just Sent Us Nine Pizzas. Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto. Although they took back Plutos 'planet status' so I guess now it should be 'My very excellent mother just sent us nothing' but it lacks a certain grandeur...

\ 28

Pluto is still a planet... to me.

My very evil mother just stole Uncle Ned's pants.

Pluto was never a planet to me. I used to argue this with teachers while I was still in grade school. It has much more in common with asteroids than planets. Also, it doesnt matter how you remember something. As stated above, and mnemonic technique will work.

buttcramp 21

Whatever works, OP! At least you're educating yourself! I have to sing songs in my head I remember from my Spanish class to know what day of the week it is in Spanish!

My Very Easy Method Just Speeds Up Naming Planets :)

LadyQuantum 7

Pluto will always be a planet in me eyes........sniff sniff

I can't remember the order without Singing it

i use the Blue's Clues planet song :3

kittcatt 8

I use that or I remember that the planets are mostly named after Roman gods, except for Pluto whose planetary status was revoked.

I use the song josh used on drake and josh to remember the planets. Nothing to be ashamed of

I still have to do "Thirty days has September," etc, when someone asks how many days are in a month. People have gotten used to the short pause and the blank expression on my face while I'm doing it lol.

I'm in college and I do the same thing #63 does, it was such an easy way to remember them back then, when planets were cool!

I guess it works better than the knuckles method. As for you, OP, whatever works for you. As long as you don't sing the song aloud, nobody knows how you remember the planets.

Wow fyl... I don't blame you I've never had to use planets in real life yet

AnOriginalName 19

Really? I have to use Earth every day. How do you get by without it? What's your secret?

It's simple really 19. Spaaaaace.....

Please tell me you said "don't you know my ass is famous?" After saying Uranus?

Finally I get to express my opinion on an fml without having to reply to #1 :D

I'll give you an applause for trying, even though I show no emotion whatsoever with my poker face.

next time make sure you break into a dance. it'll help your classmates remember those planets as well.

There's a Lady Gaga song to remember to dance, too.