By Anonymous - 29/09/2010 06:24 - United Arab Emirates

Today, this guy I've been "seeing" for a year said he didn't want to share my birthday with me because he doesn't want us to get serious. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 602
You deserved it 3 930

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

He was probably busy with his wife and kids that day.

ydi for not realizing you're just a booty call

Comments

rallets 22

why did you put "seeing" in quotation marks? are you implying that hes not real?

MissErikaHart 0

sounds reasonable since u guys are just "seeing" each other.

Is it really immature to dump a "boyfriend" who doesn't want a relationship with you? I don't see a future for them, even with communication and patience, unless he'll change his mind completely, and I don't see that happen.

Krajjan 9

Good luck with that, OP. In my experience, "seeing" means "screwing". YDI for expecting your f-buddy to want to share those tender, special moments of your life. Find someone that'll at least lie about caring for you.

Pastor_Rich 0

time to move on, you've already wasted a year

Yeah, off course they need a talk. But I think the relationship is doomed anyway.

Aside from oc's very valid communication point, there's really nothing to break up anyway. It's only a relationship if you both think it is. OP should just stop making and answering booty calls if she can't be bothered to talk to the guy.

mona_is_here 10

So many FMLs about guys who are total dbags when it comes to a relationship that I'm starting to wonder if it made any female on this site turn lesbian.

ILoveJace01 0

The OP said that the guy said he didn't want them to get serious. I think it's fine for that "relationship" to end.

No_habla_espanol 11

Chaos please stfu. It will be for your own good, and everyone else's.

FFML_314 11

It won't be for my good! His comments satisfy me.

mona_is_here 10

72, chaos brings some proper sarcasm and comments that actually make sense to this site. Btw, you're not in the position to tell someone to delete their account and saying 'for everyone else's good' is a generalization, quite a rude one, because you speak for all FML users when you got two of them disagreeing with you.(I'm sure there's gonna be more) Sorry but you're currenty losing this game :)

mona_is_here 10

Pahaha! That's what you get in early mornings. I got chaos' and that dude's who doesn't speak Spanish comments mixed up in my head. Instead of 'deleting their account' insert 'stfu', eh.

mona_is_here 10

And if you ask me why 72 didn't have a right to tell somebody to stfu when chaos obviously gets away with his advice of deleting account, I say it's justified since 72 had started all that arguing in the first place. What you give is what you take.

xninix_fml 36

@55 you can't "turn" lesbian you either always will be one or never will be.

I don't think that's a bitchy comment, but I don't agree with it 100% either. IMO, three things are possible: 1) OP only wanted a casual fling, in which case, she should've expected this; 2) She failed to communicate that she wanted something more than sex from the relationship, either at the beginning or when her feelings changed; or 3) She told the guy what she wanted, and he lied about agreeing. In only the last situation does the guy actually share the blame. She's also still to blame to an extent, though, for failing to see through his almost inevitably unconvincing act. This almost has to be a YDI situation IMO.

Wait... 20 was a reply to another comment when I initially saw it. It used to be under a "YDI for having horrible taste in men." If it was actually a reply to the "kick his balls!" comment, then I agree, that's a ridiculously bitchy thing to say.

FYLDeep 25

YDI for "seeing" someone who's not interested in you.

lickmyjock 0

fake. no one celebrates birthdays in Dubai.

perdix 29

He was probably busy with his wife and kids that day.

Makes sense. How could she be with someone for a year and not be aware of his lack of committment?

really this fml comes from Dubai? well it us different in the middle east not like the States but that is still wrong.

That idiot is Arabic of couse he would say something like that Yes I'm being racist I'm from Turkey, I know how Arabs behave. You don't have to believe me you don't have to agree with me becouse I don't care, These won't change the fact that what I m saying is right

really this fml comes from Dubai? well it us different in the middle east not like the States but that is still wrong.