By madeline9322 - 20/12/2016 03:15 - Canada

Today, the lack of heating in my room has gotten to the point where I have to cuddle my clothes for the next day at night so they're not freezing when I wake up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 571
You deserved it 784

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Obviously you should just start a trash can fire next to your bed

maybe an electric blanket? Of it wasn't such an old building I'd suggest installing a wood furnace.

Comments

Buy a hot water bottle, fill it up and slip it between your clothes for 5 minutes before you get dressed

Pass the iron through them, it only takes a few minutes.

I get you. It's so cold in my room that even while under a big blanket and wearing two coats, two pairs of pants, two pairs of socks, AND shoes...I freeze throughout the night. My hands cramp and burn from it. Try to stay warm OP!

I love how so many people on this thread that everyone can afford their electric bill being jacked up by $100-200 in order to use space/electric heaters to warm their house.

Where do you live that a small space heater in one room would jack the bill up that much? I keep a space heater in my bedroom, north facing, 5 windows, where I have had frost on the floor in winter, while my heat is on, and it only adds $30 to my bill. Old houses, gotta love them. I felt like this was a teenager living under her parents roof, anyways, and not paying the bills. I used to to do it to my mom, turn up the thermostat when she'd say put on a sweater, she'd get so mad.

It's a very old, poorly insulated house. My room also has 5 windows. The heater has to run hard and constant to even make a difference.

polsen4273 8

I get the feeling that none of these people have to pay for their electricity

You should come down here. Temperature never drops below 28C.

That1One1Chick 24
PH4NX0M 16

Well, it's better than having to cuddle with your clothes so they're not to hot in the morning because your heater has gotten to that point.

This is why people think Canadians live in igloos!