By Lonely - 18/03/2010 04:02 - United States

Today, the girl I have been dating for the past couple months broke it off with me. She said she's tired of waiting around for me and being ignored in the mean time. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have been so greedy as to finish my 2 degrees and work 2 jobs to pay for my school. How selfish of me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 500
You deserved it 18 923

Same thing different taste

Top comments

it's for the better, you have no time for a relationship anyway. soooo.... why even start one if you are going to be nonexistant? two jobs and college, that gotta suck.

redshortsx 0

you really shouldn't be dating at all think abt it from her point of view she never sees you and your gone all hours how is a realiatuonship like that supposed to work? you weren't selfish but she wasn't your priority andshe felt like she needed to be. she shouldve come talk to you but she didn't so now it's time to move on

Comments

themixedt4pe 0

This is so true. I've been in the OP's girlfriend's shoes. The OP needs to find someone who is independent enough to function when he's not around and love him for his ambitious nature. Obviously his ex couldn't do that, and that's not her problem, it's her personality. Some people just need more attention, time with their significant other, etc. than others do. The OP needs a more compatible girlfriend, so it's really not a bad thing that his relationship ended. It's sad that he's lonely, but in the big scheme of things, it was actually a GOOD thing.

ninba20 0

ur ex girlfriend is right to be mad... who would go to college to get 2 degrees and have 2 jobs to pay for college...YDI for trying to be an over achiever and wanting a girlfriend that u dont pay attention too...

way to go OP, proud of you for your dedication and hard work!!! Good Luck!!

actually nobody can say he's selfish because they were going out for a couple of months, which means he was in fact paying attention to her for awhile and then something happen, like maybe collage midterms or a major test that he had to study for. we don't know the whole story but we should atleast consider the other scenerios before judging.

...you're kind of a douche bag. I wouldn't date some asshole who is working two jobs and has an insane course load yet expects to have a normal relationhip either. Especially one who expects me to wait around for him and be thrilled that he could fit a hot dog and a walk on the beach in between his first job and his fifth class. Get a grip, jerk. If you don't have time for a third job, you don't have time for a girlfriend. You're the selfish one, not her. This isn't a FML, this is a "wah wah poor me" You suck, dude.

Don't shed a tear. I had a cousin didn't own the clothes she walked around in. Ended up meeting a real smart guy when he was finishing up his second Master's. Guy went on to build a fortune 500 company and lavished her with all he had. She cheated ended the marriage her excuse he didn't spend enough time with her....... But I bet if he tossed the master's out the window and worked Mcdonalds part-time to be there for her . She would have eventually left him because he was broke.

What 102 is saying is that you have to grab life by the balls and take control of your circumstances rather than let things "happen" to you and follow the script your parents and teachers and governments and bosses have written for you. That script is boredom, ignorance, apathy and servitude. You have to establish yourself; make the world aware of your existence but more importantly make YOURSELF aware of your existence; to prove to yourself that your business in the universe consists of more than just occupying space.

I agree with the OP's ex. There are many people with lots to do that are able to maintain a relationship. If the OP felt strongly about the girl, he would've found a way to make it work. It's not impossible.

haha no, see she broke up with him meaning if she really cared she would have found a way to make it work.

alexa56 0

No not really, if she was the one that felt ignored he was obviously the one that didn't care enough to make it work.

not really because any person who has been to school knows that sometimes it can get rough with projects, essays, and tests and he probably didn't mean to ignore her. he also shouldn't be critized for following his dreams that would be like someone telling you either quit your dreams or you lose me. personally I would drop the person no one is gonna stand in the way of my goals. so it is her fault not enough time? well she did what I would have told her "if you cant respect my goals, then go and find yourself a new bf because I'm not giving up my life for you"

It's not that hard to text or call, plan lunches together, do your homework while hanging out with the girl or communicate or set aside one day a week or two to spend time with someone. I'm guessing he didn't even let her know that... "In three years things will calm down" or "I can't see you now but we'll do things this summer, or this next holiday break" OP's girl should be willing to bend a little too, but it sounds like most of this is on him.

Why the hell should she stay around and fight for a relationship with a bf who puts her last. It's good that his career and goals are a high priority but his lifestyle did not have time for a gf and she had every right to dump him if he had no time for her.

123e3 0
mdmdt 0

If you're so busy that you're not spending time with your partner then there's no point in being in a relationship and she's 100% right to dump you. Do you really expect everyone to just put their lives on hold and wait around for you because you've got other things to do?

People that can't make time for other people shouldn't be in relationships until they can. You can't rightfully expect someone to stay committed to you when you can't even pay attention to them. It may sound like she's being a selfish bitch, but she just doesn't want to be someone's lowest priority. It's not a matter of being the center of someone's universe and their life revolving around them, it's about experiencing the sort of fulfillment you'd get from being in a relationship, period, which you can't provide. "There's supposed to be more here, but there isn't" is a pretty common problem for couples where one person is almost always too busy to spend time with the other or do anything beyond a quick phone call or bite to eat.