By Timebaseboy - 21/10/2009 04:06 - United States

Today, the driver side mirror of my car was smashed off and laying on the ground. On the window was a $75.00 ticket for improper equipment for not having a mirror. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 913
You deserved it 2 075

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one who broke it off.

arolms 0

you probably should've taken a picture, but still try to fight the ticket.

Comments

TenebrificTurtle 0

Who did you piss off? Bet it was someone who hated you and then called their cop dad to make your life worse. Sorry but it happens. I would be pissed if someone broke my baby like that. But you could fight it in court?

ozymandias_fml 0

Fake. You can't get a ticket unless you are driving -- there is no minimum requirement for equipment to park. Additionally, you would have gotten a Equipment failure ticket, and 72 hours to get it fixed before it became a fine.

It actually depends what area you're in. Where I live, I would've gotten the same fine, even if my car was parked because it's over all not considered safe, at least in my area those are the rules.

fake, mirrors aren't even required. A car with no mirrors is perfectly legal.

No, a car with no mirrors is NOT legal. Two working mirrors, however, is acceptable.

if the cop saw the mirror laying on the ground, he wouldn't have given you a ticket. he'd have been smart enough to know what happened. and usually with equiptment issues you get a warning to fix it before they give you a fine!

you're a liar, cars are only required to have 1 side mirror and 1 review mirror, and if your car is parked the cop can't write you a ticket for missing a mirror

All I know is Texas, and HERE at least, probably pretty close in date and requirements other places, if it's pre-1963 you only need one side mirror on the driver's side. After that, it's all three.

TenebrificTurtle 0

I went to Ireland once, got lost in Dublin, the Gardai woman laughed at me.

dethmaul that's wrong, it's just 2 here in Texas, I drive around in my jeep with my doors off all the time though and it's only required to have 1 side mirror and 1 review mirror, you should actually try looking it up before you speak

OUCH! That must have hurt, I feel sorry for you cause the same thing happened to me.

St0rm11 0

Fake indeed. You don't need a drivers side mirror, only a passengers side mirror. It's not possible to get a ticket for not having a drivers side mirror.

Depending where you are. Where I am, you need all mirrors and lights and even if the car is parked you will still get fined. Everywhere had different rules.