By Dogless - 21/08/2011 05:51 - United States

Today, over a year on from my parents telling me my dog had died, I went to the shelter to volunteer, and saw my old dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 579
You deserved it 2 607

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should keep dropping hints about how this one dog looks particularly like your old one until they confess.

Comments

Better yet get him/her another home, this time they might actually kill him/her

n_epic_fail 14

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
BelleBelle_fml 11

What hint are you hinting at?

They usually do kill animals at the shelter....so that dog is awfully lucky.

that's so much better...not..... your parents should have utilized the local orphanage.

That's terrible! Could it have been a different dog? If you're sure it's your dog I hope you took him back.

At least you got to see your dog again. No matter what happens next you get to spend some more time with your old friend.

Why's everyone assuming ops parents gave the dog away? Maybe it ran away and they didn't have the heart to tell op so they lied and said it died so op can move on. Maybe they're happy the dogs found.

dani212 0

But, usually when pets die, parents tell their kids it ran away, because then it could still be alive, why would they reverse it and make it sadder for op?

Fyl, sucks that your parents are lying assholes.

Who ever says OP deserves this is a dick head and needs a good old slap upside the head

Just remember, you're the one who'll pick their nursing homes.

Leave a copy of Stephen King 's Pet Cemetery around the house, then bring your dog home the next day. Whatever the circumstances of your dog's initial disappearance, this resolves it. Just make sure you are responsible and take awesome care of your long lost friend! Food, water, walks, and playtime are important and shouldn't fall on anybody's shoulders but your own. This is neither a YDI or a FYL, if you resolve it this way. Learn from it.

Get your dog back! Being in a shelter for a year you're lucky the poor thing wasn't euthanized

jking54 0
hImAnAm3iZsUzi3 0