Nebo baby

By Anonymous - 25/10/2018 08:00 - United States - Floral Park

Today, I was fired from the job I've had for 15 years. My boss recently hired his daughter as a senior manager and she made several cuts because, as she put it, the sales team was "too old and lame". I didn't know being a young bitch was a requirement to work at a furniture warehouse. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 964
You deserved it 138

Same thing different taste

Top comments

islemstring 8

Sue them I’m pretty sure that’s illegal

ViviMage 38

Bring it up with HR for wrongful firing to appeal the decision, and "too old and lame" is not a valid reason for firing. Stealing, bad metrics, smoking, rude behavior, sleeping on the job, not showing up are. Too old and lame aren't.

Comments

islemstring 8

Sue them I’m pretty sure that’s illegal

Nepotism in the workplace should be a civil offense.

ViviMage 38

Bring it up with HR for wrongful firing to appeal the decision, and "too old and lame" is not a valid reason for firing. Stealing, bad metrics, smoking, rude behavior, sleeping on the job, not showing up are. Too old and lame aren't.

JoviRose 11

HR works to protect the employers, not the employees. Personally learned that lesson the hard way. OP needs to file a claim with the EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) and contact a lawyer.

Yep! It's considered Ageism! But here's hoping he has proof she said it...

KingAdrock 16

However, going to HR will get the bitch fired.

Kimberley Michelle Whitley 16

You could sue for age discrimination. Ageism.

MA_medQ 7

I’m not 100% how things work in the US but from what I understand the way to go here would be to sue.

onceuponatime456 16

Sue the b*tch for age discrimination!

phrr04 4

Talk to a lawyer immediately. This is age discrimination, and illegal.

Have you seen the customers at a furniture warehouse? Old and lame is the major demographic! Hipsters get their furniture at thrift stores or IKEA, that is, if they just don’t deal with what they have in their parents’ basements.

KingAdrock 16

"too old and lame" Hoo boy, that's clear age discrimination. You need to call a lawyer, and fast.

If you’re above 40 and work for an employer with 15 or more employees you can sue on the basis of age discrimination