By itsjustwill - 17/01/2013 00:35 - United States - Puyallup

Today, our company's owner's son took over. The first thing he did? Fire me. Why? He said my sales are down. I work in Public Relations. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 114
You deserved it 2 156

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like the movie horrible bosses. He sounds like somebody you dont want work for anyways.

Sue the bitch. People sue for everything nowadays.

Comments

Use your acquired knowledge of public relations and shame him.

Call the lawyers mate, get on dat phone!

Not only could you get compensation and/or your job back, but this could be a reality check to the new boss showing that you need to understand the law and the way business works before you can attempt to manage it. You can't fire someone for low sales when you aren't in a sales position... It's like telling the store custodian he is fired because his cash register was short too many times. Isn't possible unless he took on new responsibilities, but then he wouldn't be the custodian!

That is when you get a lawyer and sue...

Dont you mean worked?? And thhats not a legit reason to fire you... You need to get your job back.

what a relief from the prospective nightmare furture,congrats

wagne057 6

You're not selling enough happiness in the workplace!

A claim for wrongful termination might be reasonable. In California, you can file with the Department of Fair Employment and Housing. Might want to check out the equivalent in your area.