By pocahontas - 26/10/2010 01:47 - United States

Today, one of my coworkers called to remind me about the annual costume day at work this morning. I dressed as Pocahontas. There is no annual costume day. I was fired for dressing inappropriately in front of customers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 599
You deserved it 6 933

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FYLDeep 25

Sue them for discriminating against your Native American ancestry.

You should have called your boss to verify, darling.

Comments

FMLephant 2

And you just happened to have a Pocohantas costume to put on?

actually I think that I'm going to try that costume myself next time I have the chance

ohsuzykuew 0

are u sure? y would u want the same costume as someone u consider 'brainless'?

Anaxes 5

3 Y's, 3 O's, 1 W and 1 H. 8 letters short of not looking stupid it seems.

ohsuzykuew 0

whatever. I'm on my iPhone. I'm sure yer smart enough to figure out what I'm saying. ;-) luvyabye

Anaxes 5

That iPhone doesn't seem to prevent you from responding to random comments every 2 minutes.

I'm on my iPhone and I'm typing perfectly fine. Maybe you're just stupid.

Denial- that's a bit rude. She's not stupid, just lazy. Actually, do you know how many ATPs it takes to type the "y" and "o" in "you?" And when she does it repeatedly, she is conserving SO much energy! I'm going to start doing it right now! omg dis is so mch betta! im savin so much nrg! ur dum if u don do dis! Holy shit, that physically hurt me. I'm so sorry. I'm going to jump off a bridge onto jagged rocks now.

Sorry...can't talk...body broken...jagged rocks...

TELL YOUR ******* BOSS WHAT HAPPENED THEN, ARE YOU ******* STUPID? your letting your boss fire you even though it wasn't your fault? WTF

SarahMarie83 0

Unless she is a fairly new employee and has been off for several weeks, this is entirely her fault. Any business would announce that costumes were going to be allowed, probably multiple times and weeks in advance.

ohsuzykuew 0

I only see 3 'yours' am I missing one?

ohsuzykuew 0

thanks pen. dang I looked at it five times and missed one every time. perhaps it's time for bed. ;-)

The last place I worked, that had a costume day, we were told the day before costume day that the next day would be costume day. That was the only time our boss mentioned it at all. The place before that we found out at the beginning of that week that we could/should wear costumes on that Friday. The OP really would have only needed to have not worked for a few days in order to have missed that kind of announcement.

Yeah, i got called to dress up today too but I knew I was supposed to or I wouldn't have just from the phone call. Go talk to your boss once you've cooled off and let him know what happened and thank him for his time..and if he gives you your job back then you're lucky!

I didn't even know they still sold Pocahontas costumes. Then again, Avatar came out semi recently. It's basically the same thing, right? Just skip the blue body paint.

FFML_314 11

Subtract the flying blue birds, add the Tipis, get some war paint, a butt flap and some serious dancing/chanting around a fire and you, Miss Red, are correct.

Are you saying that they weren't already wearing butt flaps in Avatar? The Avatar costumes they sell at the stores here are disgusting looking. I have a cousin who adores Avatar so much and I just want to smack her. D:

hashoahxxx 0
ohsuzykuew 0

oh good. finally the **** music plays, because Pocahontas is such a ****.

in Australia that is called workplace bullying and you can't be fired for it. We'd just ask you to go home to change :-$

ohsuzykuew 0

you still should. you have her nose. ;-)

Sorry but YDI. Unless it’s only you and the co-worker you should have figured out that something was wrong when no one else was talking about it so enjoy the unemployment line.