By moodyreallyrocks - 09/07/2012 00:30 - United States - Mayfield

Today, my wife is giving birth to our first born. I am an officer stationed overseas. Apparently, I am not only missing the birth, but I also missed the conception. FML
I agree, your life sucks 62 895
You deserved it 2 934

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Thank you for your service. What a way to be rewarded. :( Kid isn't yours and apparently neither is the wife. D I V O R C E

She should miss the divorce party then!

Comments

Considering that you are a soldier and you have this story to tell to women when you get back, you are going to be rolling in tail. Send her the divorce papers in the mail today and upgrade from the cheating bitch when you get back. *salute*

sanchezm 1

you should be that far from her in tha 1st place!

I don't think that a man in the military should automatically be above all fault, but it seems pretty apparent as to who's in the wrong based on this FML. When you marry a guy, it's pretty difficult to be unaware if he could be interested in enlisting, and it's even more difficult for him to get away with joining the military without discussing the idea with his wife first. If she wasn't on the same page with him about such a major life pursuit that would definitely require an extensive time apart from each other, she shouldn't have chosen to marry him. Just because a guy wants to pursue being in the military doesn't mean he should have to give up being in a loyal, committed relationship. Neither should the woman have to let her husband sleep with other girls while he's overseas, in my opinion. I've seen it go wrong on both sides, and it really saddens me.

melibear89 7

Whether OP and his wife were together when he joined the military or if they talked about him joining doesn't give her the right nor does it justify what she did. OP has been deployed for awhile and got word his wife was having a child. How does your comment pertain to any part of the FML? It doesn't.

That's unfortunate, OP, however I have a question, did she agree to a life of celibacy when she married you, or did you just surprise her later with those news?

i think you're confusing marriage with something else.

I hate when I forget to establish monogamy at the beginning of a marriage and I can't get mad when they cheat. Have to remember to call it out. ----_______-----

What a ass you are i bet you 2 are a fickle unfaithfull person you should be clube to impotency to prevent your breeding

What kind of question is that? Your an idiot!

kristinemichelle 5

**** the bitch. Cheating isn't okay and it's that much worse when you're over seas. How disrespectful. I'm sorry

ILuv_toaster182 5

Wow that's a nice way to treat an officer who is fighting for your country. Hope you divorce her cheating ass Thank you for your service OP:)

As anyone else seen this exact scenario on the previews for Matthew Perry's upcoming show: Go On? Weird coincidence. But nevertheless, OP, your wife is a bitch/*****. So sorry.

Omg what is wrong with people! Why don't they have any respect for the people sacrificing their lives for us.