By WritingWrongs - 25/11/2012 13:28 - United States

Today, my step-mom threw out some of the "boxes of junk" in my room, because apparently, I'm a pack rat. I guess she and everyone else in my family won't be receiving those Christmas presents. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 676
You deserved it 1 870

WritingWrongs tells us more.

But the dead bird I got this year was extra special!

Top comments

What right is she going in your room, anyway? Every girl knows you never touch a 'box' without asking...

HighlandShadows 48

I have a theory: Your mother knew they were Christmas presents and threw them out anyway. Sorry to be the one to tell you, but your mother is in fact the Grinch.

Comments

I would normally say that someone living in their parents' home is subject to their rules and does not have a reasonable expectation of privacy, but for OP's stepmothers to do such a thing is beyond inconsiderate. If she was unhappy with the state of the OP's room or possessions, the appropriate thing to do would be to engage OP in a discussion to outline her concerns and wishes.

Tell her on Christmas well some noisy mouse threw away all you gifts. Putting her nose where it don't belong.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Apparently the OP has so much stuff that the step-mom couldn't tell the difference between what was junk and what was Christmas presents. I'm not saying what she did was right. But I try to look more into what is written in these FMLs. It shouldn't have come into being known as a pack rat. And I know what hoarder is, my grandparents are the ones! I'm tempted to throw away their stuff because they are living in hazardous conditions and probably won't even notice because they had so much stuff. But it's not my place. They are the only ones that can help themselves.

senor_awesome 14

82- or she just felt like being a bitch.

I hate when parents do that-never take responsibility for their wrongs.

unknown_user5566 26

23- I guess it's up to OP to start Writing their Wrongs, eh? :)

unknown_user5566 26

Hopefully she gives you the money needed to replace all the gifts, OP. In that situation, I feel like she HAS to give you that money since she's the one that discarded all of the items.

If she's anything like my mother (which I'm guessing she is; mine has thrown away my belongings without asking many times- homework, projects, things belonging to my friends, etc.) then she won't feel obligated to do jack about it.

unknown_user5566 26

37- If my parents ever threw stuff away, I'd be pissed. Luckily they never did that to me, though they deemed reading my journals as acceptable. They used the excuse "Oh, we thought it was, your English homework! "

It is incredibly frustrating, especially after politely asking her several times to talk to me before throwing away/going through my stuff. Apparently, ain't nobody got time for that.

My dad gave away my dogs without telling me then wouldn't tell me who they have them to I never got them back

More like to **** your whole family, minus your stepmoms life because she was such a dumb bitch she threw out the gifts!

There's a button for that. No need to restate it.

yesyesnonono 10

I completely agree with number 6.

doglover100 28

Well, I guess she'll learn her lesson when she gets nothing from you on Christmas..