By WritingWrongs - 25/11/2012 13:28 - United States

Today, my step-mom threw out some of the "boxes of junk" in my room, because apparently, I'm a pack rat. I guess she and everyone else in my family won't be receiving those Christmas presents. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 676
You deserved it 1 870

WritingWrongs tells us more.

But the dead bird I got this year was extra special!

Top comments

What right is she going in your room, anyway? Every girl knows you never touch a 'box' without asking...

HighlandShadows 48

I have a theory: Your mother knew they were Christmas presents and threw them out anyway. Sorry to be the one to tell you, but your mother is in fact the Grinch.

Comments

What right is she going in your room, anyway? Every girl knows you never touch a 'box' without asking...

Zoh_Aubrey 8

Why the **** is your stepmom going through your shit? Pack rat or not, that's rude.

Yea queenofirony, what the hell is your mom doing here exactly, throwing out OP's stuff? Oh, wait. 9 -If you're going to thread jack, then- don't. Or at least address it to OP. But you're number 9 anyway!

9 - Instead of thread wanking, you should've commented on your own. Especially, because you said the same thing as 1; just with a little more profanity.

Pleo - Sorry I didn't see your post! Otherwise, I would not have posted a similar comment. Or wait maybe I would have ;)

StalkerChick 13

When did everyone become so anal about thread jackers? It wasn't much of an issue two years ago. I guess it's just one of those phases FMLers going through? 1- OP's step-mom is probably like my mom. She has the "I pay the bills, therefore I can go into any room when I want" mindset. Sucks, but that's what happens when you live with your parents.

Same person, two consecutive FMLs, is one of the top ten to comment both times but specifically replies to #1 just to get seen, even though she is saying the same thing and is adding nothing. When did threadjackers get so bad/blatant, is my real question. This is one of the first times I've addressed one, that's how bad this one was.

21 - It certainly happens, but it's unacceptable. For starters, this is OP's stepmom, which, with all due respect, earns her even LESS of a right to invade OP's privacy. Second, if OP is old enough to be buying Christmas presents, he/she is old enough to be entitled to some sense of security and privacy is his/her own room.

21 Get a paint can and go all Dennis the Menance on her.

unknown_user5566 26

1- I agree. Though my parents never threw my stuff away, there were several incidents where they went into my room and read my journals. It's a huge breach of trust, in my opinion.

StalkerChick 13

25- I completely agree. But there are some parents(mine included) who have the mindset that their children don't need/get privacy until they move out. My mom would sometimes just open the door without knocking even when I was home on break from college.

Zoh_Aubrey 8

Pleo--you should totally make an FML about thread jacking. Maybe then--just then--someone would give a ****. Because it seems you complaining about thread jacking (which I'm not going to lie, I'm not on here often--didn't know it was a big "oh-noes" on here) is doing exactly what you're complain about. Bitching about thread jacking is essentially thread jacking. I'll continue to do it, till I feel otherwise.

lmz1986 10

I also do not like it when people touch my box without asking.

JustDerpin 11

^Your name is mistatrollmemeOG and you're calling Pleonasm a noob? No.

senor_awesome 14

Did you tell her what was in those boxes?

BlueFlatts 20

I'm surprised she didn't check what was on the boxes before throwing them out, that's what nosy step-mothers do. And if she did you'd think she would recognize a box of unopened items as unwrapped presents. Money wasted. It's obviously not your fault but try labeling the box next time. If she doesn't like you for her child maybe she threw them out on purpose, just another thought.

IceColdSnow 11
HighlandShadows 48

I have a theory: Your mother knew they were Christmas presents and threw them out anyway. Sorry to be the one to tell you, but your mother is in fact the Grinch.

HighlandShadows 48

I think that the word your looking for is a different one that ends with ch

I don't understand parents who do this. I don't give a **** if it's their house, barging into their kid's room and throwing their shit away is not a nice thing to do.

Ate** Sorry:( I'm really failing lately.

Thank you I'm going to hang my head and do the walk of shame now. *Walks out the door*

On christmas morning just tell everyone, she will regret it then, and will look like an ass.

Krajjan 9

... Or take her to small claims. I'll be your representation in a couple years when I graduate? Thought that counts, maybe? God, I'm bad at advice.

Sounds like a Modern day version of "How the Bit*h Stole Christmas"

That is unacceptable. Without your approval, she shouldn't throw anything that's yours in the garbage...

She shouldn't be snooping around in your room in the first place. Well, I guess if she feels the need to get rid of your "junk", you'd better return the favor.

Tell her what was in the boxes and don't make her a present..

TheyCallMeDamien 17

She shouldn't have arbitrarily decided to do that without discussing it with you.