By WritingWrongs - 25/11/2012 13:28 - United States

Today, my step-mom threw out some of the "boxes of junk" in my room, because apparently, I'm a pack rat. I guess she and everyone else in my family won't be receiving those Christmas presents. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 676
You deserved it 1 870

WritingWrongs tells us more.

But the dead bird I got this year was extra special!

Top comments

What right is she going in your room, anyway? Every girl knows you never touch a 'box' without asking...

HighlandShadows 48

I have a theory: Your mother knew they were Christmas presents and threw them out anyway. Sorry to be the one to tell you, but your mother is in fact the Grinch.

Comments

I know it may cost you some more money but next time you have personal stuff that you don't want her going through put it all together in a box, take it to the post office, then mail it to yourself. Not only is it illegal for her to open/throw away your mail, it's a federal offense.! Just trying to think outside of the box:) and good luck!

sioux4 17

It's not YDI it's SDI (she deserved it)

tsent8 15

Yeah sometimes moms are just ho ho hoes.

if I were in this situation I would of given everyone whose present been thrown out a letter saying what they got for Christmas and how much it cost and include a price of how much value they would of valued it and then tell them why they are just getting a letter

killer6969 16

Perfect solution but OP has to have a special written letter that he reads at Christmas eve and then tells everyone why they shouldn't go through his shit wether it is shit or not cause there's conciquences

pheebs314 17

There have been an awful lot of parents just throwing stuff away recently... Or giving it away. What's up with that? My mom always made me pick out the stuff to get rid of from my own room. She would just ask if I wanted to donate/sell anything.

perdix 29

She knew what she was doing. She wanted to spare you the humiliation of giving horrible gifts to your family, and spare them the hassle of returning the crap you foist upon them. Listen, boxes of dead birds, rusty plumbing fixtures and rancid waste fry grease do not make good Christmas gifts. Just because you love those things doesn't mean anyone else does.

Are you stupid? What happened was that he had boxes in his room. These were his christmas presents. His step-mom didn't know that it was presents. She thought it was boxes of random crap just laying around. So he had PERFECTLY NORMAL EVERYDAY PRESENTS thrown out.

Hello 86, is this your first time on the internet? Let me just inform you that around here, we call things like Perdix's comment "sarcasm".

86 - Kindly put the phrase "tongue-in-cheek" into the Google machine, if the dead birds in boxes bit didn't tip you off. Also, hey, fry grease saves tons of money on gas!

perdix 29

#88, you can't use the fry grease as-is. Now, if you throw in a transesterfication doohickey in with it, your relative could have some useful biodiesel. #86, do stupid people know about transesterfication?

But the dead bird I got this year was extra special!

She'd better not complain when she doesn't get a present from you.