By WritingWrongs - 25/11/2012 13:28 - United States

Today, my step-mom threw out some of the "boxes of junk" in my room, because apparently, I'm a pack rat. I guess she and everyone else in my family won't be receiving those Christmas presents. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 676
You deserved it 1 870

WritingWrongs tells us more.

But the dead bird I got this year was extra special!

Top comments

What right is she going in your room, anyway? Every girl knows you never touch a 'box' without asking...

HighlandShadows 48

I have a theory: Your mother knew they were Christmas presents and threw them out anyway. Sorry to be the one to tell you, but your mother is in fact the Grinch.

Comments

You have the foresight and planning skills to buy Christmas presents early. You can take this to your dad in that context. Try to get his backing on compensation and boundaries first, then discuss this with step-mom together. Best of luck, and don't let this spoil your holidays!

Psycho_Babydoll 26

And then when she gets nothing for Christmas you'll be inconsiderate and selfish... either way sounds like you won't win, FYL.

When it comes to Christmas and it's time to open the presents, you should stand up and say "everyone, are probably wondering why you didn't get any presents from me today, well, you can all thank my stepmom for throwing out boxes 'of junk' in my room, that was holding all of our Christmas presents in it" that'll really make her never wanna throw something of us away unless she asks you again.

It's* you* your* why* you* you* that* your* that'll* yours* you*

CharresBarkrey 15

I must say, 59... I have never before laughed out loud from something I read on FML, but that comment made me.

What the hell is up with all these (step) parents getting rid of all their kids' shit lately? First the toys, then the box with money and weed, now Christmas presents. When are people going to learn to ASK before they touch other people's stuff?

Tell her what was in the boxes, followed by "I'm ashamed of you. " The take a picture of her expression.

carminecris89 13

Tell your dad what she has done. That was seriously ****** up. It doesn't matter if you seem like a pack rat, or even if it's true. Your stuff is yours and she should never touch it, let alone throw it away. FYL. Your stepmother sounds awful.

Maybe, it's because you did a sucky wrapping job..

Give the mom a rest. I assume you mostly have like junk in your room and your mom wanted it tidy like moms always want. and I am over 9000% sure she didn't know and it was an accident.

You're assuming it's full of junk, that's the problem. It could have been nothing but items the OP considers valuable. Keep in mind that just because something is junk to you or the OP's stepmom doesn't automatically make it junk for OP. One man's trash is another man's treasure and all that. Wanting the room tidy is fine. Throwing away OP's stuff isn't.

Shadow_Phantom 26

Sounds like my stepmom. She threw a major temper tantrum over the dishes being in the sink (the dishwasher was and IS running) and said "the whole kitchen is a disaster zone." Also "the whole house is a mess" whenever there is maybe one pile of stuff in the corner. Also... I walked into the kitchen, and the only thing that stands out to me are the unfinished dishes. Exaggeration galore... Urgh. FYL, OP.