By Kolkata - 05/08/2012 23:25 - Canada

Today, my son surprised me on my birthday with tickets to a concert I really wanted to see. I was excited, especially since I planned to buy them but couldn't due to the fact it was too expensive. I was ecstatic, until I found out he'd stolen my credit card to buy them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 632
You deserved it 2 327

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's the thought that counts..? Screw that. Debt is debt

NoahStaz 3

Box up something he has and give it to him for his birthday. If he's old enough to know how to use your card with all the correct info, he's old enough to know that's wrong.

Comments

tne201992 12

That isn't a gift at all then.. I agree with #5, if he's old enough to know how to use the credit card to make purchases online I'm sure he knows it was wrong to do.

1- Beat the shit out of son. 2- Report card as stolen. 3- Attend concert with husband. 4- ??? 5- Profit

My bad, didn't realize OP didn't specify gender. I jumped the gun and assumed OP was a woman.

dmblonde 13

And that's when you ground your son until he pays you back for the tickets.

I see it this way: you were meant to go.

Kallian_fml 21

Ah, one minute they're crawling around in diapers, next minute they're using your credit cards. You must be so proud.

bulbul116_fml 4

only the intention counts..go to the concert and have fun..!

If the OP couldn't afford the ticket, what makes you think it was magically made affordable when the son used a credit card? Money isn't infinite.

Anyone else notice how OP starts two sentences back to back with ”I was excited.”?

Hmmm did you happen to check to see if there was also a payment to the card that you didn't make? If he was buying the ticket online he may have had to use a card and chances are he didn't actually have one. It's a long shot but you never know.

jillybee101 7

What? Did you even read the FML? It was OP's credit card. READ.

CheshireHalli 19

They are implying that maybe he put money on the card then bought the ticket. If he bought online, he may have needed a card and doesn't have one of his own. It's a long shot and probably isn't the case, but that's what this person was saying.

Yes, that's what I was implying. I even said myself that it was a long shot, but I always like to play devil's advocate.

Everybody is just assuming the kid is a teenager. The kid could have been younger and thought they were getting their mom something really nice. I think the mom should just explain how the kid shouldn't use her credit card and tell what punishments the kid will get if it happens again.

jillybee101 7

I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and say it probably wasn't a child. How many children under the age of 13 (official teenage years) do YOU know who know what info goes where? I'm 17 and still have trouble figuring it out.

coughyochick 7

Uh, a few trips to the store can teach kids a lot