By _Domster_46 - 04/05/2015 15:39 - United States - Novi

Today, my little sister came up to me holding up my phone. It wouldn't be so bad if she hadn't dropped it in the toilet first. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 028
You deserved it 2 609

_Domster_46 tells us more.

Hi, OP here, to answer some of your questions she is 4 years old, and I did try putting it in a bag of rice glad to say it is working now!

Top comments

Chuck it in a bowl of rice. It draws moisture out.

Comments

Chuck it in a bowl of rice. It draws moisture out.

no, you put it in rice to attract Asians. who will fix it.

And keep it there for 24 hours to ensure its dry and it will function properly.

CODplayer4lyfe 24

Asians come overnight, take the rice, and fix your phone from what I've heard.

If you don't have a warranty that covers it, this is your best bet. Mine went for a little swim in a lake and two days of chilling in white rice dried it out. Good as new.

A couple years back, I asked a friend of mine why people used rice to fix wet phones (it's obvious now). She replied with, 'You put the phone in rice to attract intelligent Asians to fix it for you'.

The rice attracts asians who can fix your phone.

Not to imply that Murphy was summoned here, but I feel I should point out it should be uncooked and dry instant rice: I have seen some people manage to misinterpret that otherwise fine piece of advice. Remove the battery as soon as possible after something like this happens and attempt to dry it out like suggested: it depends on how clean the water was, so it isn't guaranteed, but this is one of the best ways to try to recover a soaked phone.

LtBrenton 16

Leave it overnight in a bowl of rice. At night, the rice will attract Asians who will fix your electronics for you :P

The rice will attract asians who can fix your phone.

How young is she? When letting young children use electronics, it's best to always supervise them. Unless she just took it without a word, then fyl.

she's a busy bee that one, i don't trust my little sister alone with my phone when she asks me to play games. I keep a watchful eye on her

That sucks, i hope ur upgrades coming up soon

I have a 3 year old sister who, given the opportunity, will always take my phone. She completely understands how to use it, it is crazy how tech savvy the younger generations are. Sorry about what your sister did OP.

Take little Barbie for a swim in the porcelain throne.

Kids. They just do the darnedest things don't they?