Scammers scamming

By Anonymous - 30/04/2021 07:49

Today, I got a call from my bank, saying that the cheque I deposited in my account bounced and my account is now -$2900. The cheque was from a work-at-home company, who asked me to deposit the cheque, then send them some of the money through Cash App to buy office supplies. They won’t answer their e-mails. FML
I agree, your life sucks 346
You deserved it 2 789

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Of course the check bounced. You have been scammed.

mccuish 25

Have fun getting your money back since you have been scammed

Comments

Of course the check bounced. You have been scammed.

mccuish 25

Have fun getting your money back since you have been scammed

rotflqtms_ 21

I always pray my mom never falls for ssomething like this. I always wonder how they fall for it, but then I see it happening over and over again. Why would they need you to send them money for office supplies if they gave you the money?

Erin Harned 9

Oh hunny. They're scammers. You're never going to get your money back.

how did this sound in any way legitimate? ydi

It does to desperate people. I know it sounds silly to someone who has a stable job and no financial problems, but once you're strapped for cash you'll grasp at every straw.

Ambrily 27

I have financial problems and no job, and have been looking for work from home, but BECAUSE I need money, I have refused to accept jobs where you have to pay them to get the tools. It should be pretty obvious that those are scams. Still, I'm sorry it happened to you, OP. But use this experience to learn from it and avoid repeating the same mistake.

you're gullible af. no legit company will ever have you do that. that scam is as old as time

bobsanction 18

Cashapp me $500 and I'll tell you how to get your money back.

A company that asks you to send them money is only there for you to call the police about them.

KingAdrock 16

"They gave me a check and then asked for the money back in cash." You're a goddamned moron. YDI.

Dirtysalamander1 13

you read it wrong. it is cash app.

Been there man, it's gotten a lot easier when a lot of people are out of work because of the pandemic.