By sysadmin:~# rm -rf / - 12/09/2013 19:40 - New Zealand - Auckland

Today, my self-esteem sank so low that I sabotaged my workplace's corporate network, then fixed it, just so I could feel needed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 698
You deserved it 7 435

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You realize you can get fired in the blink of an eye for crap like this? Then again, your networth should be fixed when you find a job again!

Barriaultcory 16

Comments

You know, one of the things about being in IT is, it's a good thing if you're bored. Kinda like the Maytag repairman.

You should change the IP address on a hated co-worker, watch ****, switch it back and report it to management. That will keep you occupied for a while and also make a more peaceful work environment for yourself.

llnursingll 10

that's not good you could have been caught and fired. Try volunteering in your community, there is always someone that needs help out there and by volunteering you will get to meet new people and maybe become friends. Good luck!

Ratroach 2

Well, at least you knew how to fix it!

Did you feel needed after you were fired?

YeahYeahYeahOK 6

WooHoo! Read BOFH much?? Google it. Plenty of free chapters out there.

happyfingers 15

How about next time you try asking around and finding something helpful to do? Your lucky you didn't get caught and fired... idiot... -.-

Join the New Zealand governmental agency you can do that all day

True Sysadmin (courtesy of XKCD - 2010-02-22): We took the hostages, secured the building, and cut the communication lines like you said - Excellent But then this guy climbed up the ventilation ducts and walked across broken glass, killing everyone we sent to stop him. - And he rescued the hostages? No, he ignored them. He just reconnected the cables we cut, muttering something about "uptime". - Shit, we're dealing with a sysadmin. Also, lol @ OP's nickname. Someone hates their job!