By Utterly_Confused - 07/10/2015 22:07 - United States - Beaver

Today, my roommate confided in me that she hadn't been taking showers while at school because she was afraid of being in the shower when the fire alarm goes off. She goes home once every month, and will only shower there. I have to live with her for the rest of the year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 953
You deserved it 1 693

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Poor thing, I have similar anxiety about showering in bathrooms with no natural light, or that have extractor fans. When I lived in a flat with a bathroom like that for a year and a half I had to shower with the bathroom door open (luckily I lived alone :P). Maybe suggest she go to the campus health service and see if they have counsellors who could help her with that?

I understand that she's scared, but that's honestly disgusting.

Comments

Well, if you hadn't noticed a smell before, it must not be that bad.

Ninjerman 7

If you're in the shower during a fire, doesn't that kinda solve your problem?

I understand how she feels but that's nasty as hell smh.

She could keep trackie bottoms and a tshirt in the bathroom whilt she showers. You make friends in a fire evac, when you're all in pjs or towels or holding a frying pan. It's a good social experience and people are surprisingly non judgemental

tell her if she doesn't shower, you're gonna chuck a bucket of water on her once a week while she's sleeping until the year's through.

kaylie1027 4

Throw something on her so she's so gross and filthy that she'll have to shower

I would offer up helpful suggestions. Like showering in a swim suit. That would be small enough she could wash body parts but still be decent for public wear. Be sympathetic and friendly. She's having a hard enough time.

How can she stand to be dirty for a month? I'd be very uncomfortable after the first 4 days.

Train her to get changed really really quickly in case it ever happens? Also tell her to take a bikini into the shower, that way if the fire alarm goes off she can put that on and clothes on top and won't get her underwear wet. She can wear flip flops or take them with her as well so she doesn't have to waste any time putting shoes on.