By telefucked - 31/07/2010 07:35 - United States

Today, my parents switched phone companies, which changed the phone number. Two days ago, I dropped off over 15 job applications with my 'old' number on all of them. There is a waiting period before I can reapply anywhere. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 606
You deserved it 4 222

Same thing different taste

Top comments

why dont you just call where you applied, give them your name, and let them know your number has been changed. is your brain functioning?

YDI for not knowing you can just call these employers and let them know you need to make a change to your application.

Comments

what application or CV in this day and age does not have a section for a mobile number and email address; and who doesn't have one or the other? And as aforementioned, call and tell them. Duh you asshat.

I agree with #1, call the places you applied to and let them know your number has been changed

YDI for having phone service. YDI for having parents. YDI for applying for jobs. YDI for putting "old" in quotes, and the wrong kind of quotes at that. YDI for not figuring out one of the many solutions other commenters have already said.

Also, something I just thought about. If it is a landline, won't it redirect people to the new number for a certain amount of time? I know they do it whenever you move, but do they when you switch companies?

mnfrmnan 5

Put forwarding on the old #. By law the disco'd phone # cannot be reissued for 60 days.

you applying for a job and don't have a cell phone (that you own)?