By KayIsKiwi99 - 29/08/2016 19:00 - United States - Houston

Today, I realized after turning in my resume to over 100 job openings over the past month, that the resume I've been submitting does not have my phone number or any other contact information besides my name. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 377
You deserved it 16 198

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is why you have someone else check it besides yourself. You need to proof read multiple times to make sure it has all the crucial information. I don't see how you could leave that off. I hear that nobody really looks at them anyway and they should have your contact info from your application. Still, it's your own fault for not paying attention to the crucial details.

Always, always check your resumes for that stuff. YDI

Comments

ribx 16

Why has it only got "that could've happened to me", that's clearly something that was your own fault

FML is trying to drive the userbase away, that's the only explanation. Every single time I see a post without the YDI button, I die a little inside. To OP: you deserve it.

Was it a draft? Or did you just legitimately forget. Next time it might be handy to use a template.

it's actually a bad idea to use a template, because they are easy to recognise from resumes that didn't use templates and a lot of times employers won't even look at templated resumes

Maybe if you're aiming for a design based job (and even then some companies may not care) but it being clear to read with proper spelling, relevant information and a decent cover letter is way more important than trying to do something wacky with the format.

okamiyazaki 8

Yea it definitely depends on the type of job. Design jobs should have unique, aesthetic resumes. Business-oriented jobs should be basic and to the point. Academic ones should be long with a lot of publications and presentations, etc.

This is why you have someone else check it besides yourself. You need to proof read multiple times to make sure it has all the crucial information. I don't see how you could leave that off. I hear that nobody really looks at them anyway and they should have your contact info from your application. Still, it's your own fault for not paying attention to the crucial details.

Always, always check your resumes for that stuff. YDI

You completely deserve it for not double checking something as important as that

YDI so so so bad. You submitted 100 copies of this thing without proof reading it? Really? Hope you find work though...

juturnaamo 29

"Skills include: Strong attention to detail"

I don't know what worse you with out contact information or mine that was mispell in the document name

Probably typing "misspell" in the document name would be worse.

Even when I update my resumé I still double check that information and others help me out in that part.

No, no, this is good. At least you'll know that if anyone contacts you, they really want you, since they had to go through all that trouble of finding your contact information.

I just hope "attention to detail" wasn't a listed quality ;)