By telefucked - 31/07/2010 07:35 - United States

Today, my parents switched phone companies, which changed the phone number. Two days ago, I dropped off over 15 job applications with my 'old' number on all of them. There is a waiting period before I can reapply anywhere. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 605
You deserved it 4 222

Same thing different taste

Top comments

why dont you just call where you applied, give them your name, and let them know your number has been changed. is your brain functioning?

YDI for not knowing you can just call these employers and let them know you need to make a change to your application.

Comments

CooLbEAnS1096 0

You don't have to reapply, just call the places and give them your new number. Either you really don't want to work or you are very dumb.

14- Obviously op didn't know that or they wouldn't of submitted the apps two days prior.

XxBobbyRdz67xX 0
sourgirl101 28

I switched phone companies a lot of times and was able to keep the same number. FYL for having a bad mommy and daddy that don't want you to get a job and pay your own phone bill.

I'm with # 13 & 14 on this one. You should have known about the phone changes. and oh yeah while I'm at it you two or should I say three are smoking hotties.

YayAmerica 0

This is actually the perffect opportunity for some face time with the hiring manager, because now you can go in and ask to speak with them just to give them the new phone number. You could easily get some interviews that way.

sallen0046 4

So you call or go into the places you dropped off applications and give them your updated information. Or go into your new carrier's store and tell them you'd like to keep the old number on your new phone. If it hasn't been 30 days, and you take a parent with you, they're obligated to do whatever you like. Those grace periods exist for reasons just like this one. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure these things out.

Hwikek 2

"Is it true?"-Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy