By Anonymous - 26/12/2015 01:31 - United States - Westfield

Today, my older brother called me ugly, and so I used the classic comeback ''It's not nice to talk about yourself like that." He responded by cutting the strings to my violin. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 264
You deserved it 2 881

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What the **** is his problem? You better have him pay up for new strings.

KhaleesiDannie 26

A classic case of being able to dish out out but not being able to take it sorry OP

Comments

KhaleesiDannie 26

A classic case of being able to dish out out but not being able to take it sorry OP

sometimes FML actually makes me mad reading these, like if I had a brother who did half the shit some of the siblings on this site this, I'd beat the shit out of them. then again, not everyone has a parent whod let them like I do.

I would. Repeatedly. With unholy amounts of glee. Regardless of parental approval. If someone cuts my violin strings (Which are BLOODY expensive, mind you.) I'll jolly well give them a hospital bill to match.

That was precisely what I was thinking when I read this post.

What the **** is his problem? You better have him pay up for new strings.

I play the cello and the price for some decent strings is in the hundreds so I know how OP feels

Not only that but the sudden release in tension could damage the neck of the instrument (assuming they were cut together or in quick succession). Although any damage would be minor..

I don't get why everyone thinks that you can just make your siblings pay for stuff. Usually in FMLs people are living with their siblings, which means they probably aren't adults yet. My brothers don't have jobs. I don't have a job. Not even my step-siblings had a job. So exactly where do you think they're supposed to get money from?

celestian1998 8

#50, if they are willing to break something, they ought to pay for it. Dont have a job? it will suck to be in debt until you do. If you cant take the consequences, dont commit the act.

Because children usually have money spent on/given to them for holidays and birthdays. When my brother broke my stuff, my mother took money from whatever she had allotted for his birthday/Christmas gifts, and used it to replace the object. If it would run his "gift fund" into the red, he would still get a gift, but it would be something less impressive than what he would have gotten originally. A few shirts instead of a video game, stuff like that. Also, people say that the sibling should have to pay for it because them NOT having to do so gives them the impression that they can do whatever they want and regardless of the costs to others, they won't be punished for it. It is called "trying to teach that actions have consequences," and failure to teach it creates monsters in human-flesh suits that prey upon actually decent human beings.

Alup132 22

You could play a sad song on your violin to compensate for your - oh wait, never mind.

You should get back at him and cut his vocal cords. Now you've both got broken strings

Your brother is such an a-hole. Hopefully your parents will make him pay for it.

A little severe. Maybe a beating will suffice.

Railroader 16

normally I don't advocate killing people but this time I will. You don't screw with violins.

KhaleesiDannie 26

Strangulation with the cut violin strings

Use his intestines and vocal cords to repair your violin.

Depending on the kind of violin and strings, that can be really expensive!! I hope he pays for those OP.