By fishy situation - 13/06/2017 04:00

Today, my friend is furious with me because while I was watching her various fish for two weeks, I failed to feed her favorite fish and it died. The reason I didn't take care of it was because she never told me she had it, that it was in her room unlike the rest of the fish, so I never saw it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 062
You deserved it 390

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Next time she can buy the automated fish feeders on amazon instead if she is going to blame you for her mistake.

I'll bet you feel gill-ty that your friendship is fin-ished.

Comments

Next time she can buy the automated fish feeders on amazon instead if she is going to blame you for her mistake.

Should have poured some Doritos on it.

I'll bet you feel gill-ty that your friendship is fin-ished.

Lobby_Bee 17

Oh my god, you killed Nemo! You bastard!

Sounds more like your friend's problem than yours. It's not your fault that you didn't snoop around their house, and actually demonstrates some character that you didn't. Hopefully your friend will grow up and get over it.

Cyberpope 3

So, she's mad at herself for being able to prevent it but didn't, & this is somehow YOUR concern? How rude!

I bet that is exactly what happened. She's probably mad at herself because she killed her own fish and forgot to tell you about it/clarify her instructions, and instead of facing and dealing with that, it's easier to blame you. So not ok. I bet you might still feel a bit guilty thinking maybe you should've noticed or done something differently, but this is not on you op. And if your friend can stop blaming you for a moment, she can realize that her miscommunication and clarification was just an accident on her part too. It's no ones fault; accidents happen and it's unfortunate this one did.

Oh gee, someone who would rather shift the blame than take responsibility for their own mistakes. Honestly though, that seems to be the modus operandi these days. Definitely wasn't your fault, OP.