By Anonymous - 26/02/2016 20:22 - South Africa - Port Elizabeth

Today, my mum wants me to see a psychologist because I've been acting strange lately. If by "strange" she means "not wanting to die any more", then sure. But thanks, I could've used that psychologist 3 years ago when I asked for one. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 113
You deserved it 1 381

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least you made it through those years! You're still here and fought without a psychologist and I applaud you and your strength

I'm glad you're doing better OP. It's a shame your mom doesn't understand.

Comments

MrKdv 14

I'm sorry you don't have an understanding mother. But I think you're really strong to get out of suicidal thoughts all alone! But also remember it is never wrong to ask for help, so if you still feel like talking to someone, maybe you should take your mother up on her offer? Best of luck!

cheshireau 26

I'm sorry that the psychologist is 3 years too late but I'm really happy you are still with Us.

It's awful that you aren't getting the help you need. But one of the biggest warning signs to watch out for when concerned about suicide is a sudden change in attitude where they seem happy and unstressed. It's a red flag because it may mean they have resolved to do it and feel liberated.

Your a strong person ad should feel strong

I had a best friend who had depression and an eating disorder when we met. Me and my childhood friend worked with her and helped her overcome it, yet her parents hated us and thought we were bad influences. They would also go on and on about how she was much better before we met her. As if that weren't enough, they were the ones that reinforced her lack of self esteem with their mean comments. Some parents can be so selfish and clueless.

It's good that you've gotten through that, though :) I know what it's like to have suicidal thoughts for years, it's torturous. But, you should take her up on her offer, especially if she's paying for it. That shit is expensive... Not only that, but you can figure out why you were suffering in the first place and make a plan if they come back (because honestly sometimes they do.)

I've been struggling with depression for three years and it's just getting worse. Glad to know atleast you feel better. :)

GangstaBitch808 2

I didn't mean to click "you deserved it". It wouldn't let me take it back. I just wanted to say I relate completely. I am a pretty girl, I have a 843 friends on Facebook & none of them recognized a legitimate cry out for help. I'm here if you ever need someone to talk to.

Quality over quantity! I've hope you've got some real friends somewhere within that meaningless 843 on FB. FB friends are not a reflection of people who are actively present in your life. If you haven't already, make sure you have or find some really true friends who can help support you when it becomes too much on your own and WILL recognise when you need help

I am glad that you were able to get through this on your own OP. I will say it is nice to have someone in your life to talk about these things with, whether they are a therapist or a friend/family member