By Anonymous - 22/12/2010 22:23 - United States

Today, my mother took a bunch of sleeping pills, then went driving. I followed her and dialed 911. Now she thinks that I was "trying to get her arrested," and she refuses to talk to me ever again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 145
You deserved it 4 853

Same thing different taste

Top comments

oslate 4

wow with all do respect mom sounds like a dumbass parent

Comments

Oh well, you did the right thing. Your mother somehow need not excuse herself from the gene pool judging by your sense.

omghellokitty90 0

you better watch. she might run over you next time she takes her pills.

White_Fury 0

Clearly calling 911 had nothing to do with getting the cops involved. Usually when I call 911 they just give long lectures about right and wrong, and sometimes ground the suspect. What were those cops thinking when they arrested her?!

I don't think that they arrested her. It just says that she followed her mom and called 911.

adorkable_spazz 0

You were just concerned for her safety. I hope your mom realizes this soon; in the meantime, FYL for your mom refusing to talk to you ever again. /:

That is unlikely. This sounds just like my ex's mother! That crazy bitch did stuff like that all the time!

YDI for even letting her drive in the first place!

OneLittleAdditio 9

maybe op couldn't stop her or realized too late that she was getting in the car!

Well there's ways to prevent that situation. - Grab the keys from their hand?

MEM0817 18

It's not OP's job to babysit his Mother. I'm sure he tried preventing her leaving and driving, just as he helped prevent her killing herself or someone else.

Perhaps it was something like this: 1. Mom takes a bunch of sleeping pills and heads off to her room 2. OP heads to their own room or somewhere similar 3. OP hears a door open and close and makes it to a window just in time to see mom pulling out of the driveway. 4. OP runs for their own car and follows mom.

See how in my scenario there is no actual interaction between OP and Mom before mom is in the car and moving? I am not saying that is necessarily what happened but it is possible that the OP actually had no opportunity to try and stop their mother or take her keys. Once again sorry about double posts but when I tried to post this all together it wouldn't do it.

at least you'll be able to sleep at night knowing that you tried to stop her before she kills an entire family. kudos to you op

Ninjafriends 1

Even though your comment was righteous and smart, I had to vote you down for using "kudos".

FYLDeep 25

She's totally right though. You were trying to get her arrested. That's what your supposed to do to crazy people that are acting all dangerous.

Only sensible post here from you, FYLDeep? Did not see that coming... ;) OP actually did the right thing, OP's mum spoke the truth. A true FYL because there's no easy resolution when two people see the same situation but are on opposite sides.

sweetonsno 1

Exactly! Calling 911 was the right thing to do under the circumstances, but the OP was trying to get Mom stopped by the police and detained (which generally means arrest).

Bitch needs rehab. Kudos, op, for doing the right thing.

firechildredhead 0

Ya know sometimes after a person takes sleeping pills and goes to bed they can "wake up" and do all sorts of things. My dad tries to drive often after taking them. Does HE need rehab? I don't think so!

firechildredhead 0

That was supposed to be a reply to #29. Sorry. q

judging on how it was written, she took them then started driving, not sleep driving