By BeerSlut - 02/09/2015 21:37 - Portugal - Santa Marta De Penagui?o

Today, my mother called me a slut and unladylike because I prefer beer instead of wine. Apparently, beer's only for "unladylike sluts". FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 145
You deserved it 2 165

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't like wine either, just because it's not to someone's doesn't mean you're an unladylike ****, don't listen to her OP many people don't like wine.

Comments

JMichael 25

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

leogachi 15

@14 Your offer is to Op's mother, yes?

Depends on the situation - I like a beer, wouldn't order one if socialising with my partner's boss... Wouldn't expect my partner to order a pint if socialising with my superiors either. Out together though, beertastic!!

Unfortunately I do happen to be an "unladylike ****" so my opinion may not count.

I don't know why this is downvoted. I like the cruel honesty here. I'm especially an unladylike **** when I've had something to drink

msmedieval 11

That's ridiculous. I'm the biggest prude on the planet & I'll have beer over wine any day. People have different tastes & some actually get physically sick from certain types of alcohol. Drink whatever you like, just always in moderation.

SheepShoop_fml 20

Bah, forget her and go have one of the many harvest themed beers on the market.

I've witnessed unwarranted surprise and awe when ordering beer, at worst condescension from a barman insisting I'd prefer something lighter, but no-one's treated me like an unladylike **** before. If anything it's a good conversation-starter with nice young men (like the one who's now my husband).

AbortionSurvivor 13

There's nothing sexier than a woman who drinks beer

Teh_Links 17

You should have higher standards if that's what you think.

AbortionSurvivor 13

Aim low and you'll always achieve

Even if it's beer brewed by Trappist monks by the light of a full moon once every 120 years using their original yeast strain and then aged in the finest whisky barrels and poured into one of those fancy specially shaped glasses? Gotta admit that is pretty sexy.

well, you know what to get your mother for her birthday :P

A ladylike ****? Just kidding, it makes you normal.