By Bebefer - 15/03/2012 07:49 - United States

Today, my mother and I went to a meeting at my school about a camping trip the students in my grade will be going on. When the time to ask questions came, my mother raised her hand and loudly asked, "What if my child is on their period during the trip?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 733
You deserved it 2 449

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That reminds me of my dad... He always grabs "feminine products" in the grocery store and yells loudly to my sisters "Do you need any more of these?!" just to embarrass them.

Comments

Clamcreepy 7

Mothers are always worried, Point blank period.

Ouch. That sucks, hope she apologised.

ddeathbombb 5

My mom would probably be just like that

Obviously you just take a protection (if I may recommend a DivaCup - perfect for camping) and some painkillers if you need them. Your mother doesn't sound very smart or considerate.

OP, don't use a Diva Cup unless you want to get blood all over your fingers.

conqueror57 11

Do your hands melt when you wash them? It's just blood. No big deal.

No, but if tampons and pads are so cumbersome for the OP that she'd choose a Diva Cup, she likely won't like to get blood all over your fingers. I don't know about you, but I don't want to be fingering around in my bloody ****** while I'm supposed to be off roasting marshmallows.

@55, You don't get blood on your fingers with a cup. The rim creates a seal which prevents any leaks, and to remove it you just pinch the bottom, pull it down, tilt it slightly and pull it out. The whole time you're just touching the outside of the cup. Even if you were to get blood on your fingers, so what? It's from your own body, it's not gross and you can just wipe/wash it off. It's still much better and safer than other methods.

The really embarrassing thing is that the OP is a boy.

BunBunBabe 8

Hahaha embarrassing, you should have apologized out loud for your mom not taking her pills again

Ouch. But seriously, if it's in grizzly country, stay home.

I had the same problem. Except I'm a boy.

RedPillSucks 31

Is this when you found out you were born a hermaphrodite and your parents had to choose?