By Thanksmom - 18/03/2016 06:23 - United States - Riverside

Today, my mom yelled at me for going through her closet for some warmer clothes. She had a rant about taking her clothes without her permission, all while wearing a pair of my boots and one of my sweaters. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 111
You deserved it 1 462

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Point out that you wouldn't need to take hers if she stopped taking yours

Comments

l3b4s1 8

wow she sounds like a bad mom and also a bitch

Just out of curiosity, who bought the clothes?

Redgy22 26

I'm was thinking the same thing.

I don't think it really matters. Even if the mother buys all the clothes, saying that they are for her children and then taking them right back is just as bad as flat-out stealing from her kids. It's manipulative and selfish either way.

leogachi 15

@14 How is that relevant? If you bought someone a gift would you feel entitled to the gift just because you paid for it?

I was more curious as to what the OP borrowed? If someone took my $200 leather jacket, I'd like to be asked first. Some clothes are more valuable than others.

@17 who said my comment had anything to do with relevance to the original topic? Did everyone miss the "Just out of curiosity..." Segment of my question?

Rip them off her like the scene from Cinderella!

MikaykayUnicorn 36

Because OBVIOUSLY she's the only one allowed to take clothes, duh! How dare you try to find warm clothes OP! Those are HERS!

Interesting. Hypocrites come from everywhere.

So then flip out on her for wearing your boots and sweater.

She's probably not worried so much about the clothes in the closet. What else is in the closet? She might be hiding something in there and doesn't want you looking for it.

I'd be willing to bet your mom was the one who bought everything for you in the first place. She has the right to wear your stuff - she bought it. There's a difference between you borrowing her clothes and her borrowing yours, cause she owns them (as she is the one who presumably purchased them).

If you purchase something and give it to someone else, regardless of who that person is that item now belongs to them.