By moms a baby - 31/03/2014 02:44 - United States - Loma Linda

Today, my mom stopped playing badminton with me because she claimed I was too aggressive. Apparently winning, playing by the rules, and smashing is considered aggressive. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 395
You deserved it 8 107

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aggressive and badminton... Two words I never thought I would see put together.

ilovemychem 22

Comments

You should enjoy the time with family and not be so grrrrr. Have fun and Don't keep score.

Why the f**k are you playing badminton with your mom?

RedPillSucks 31

What the **** is wrong with playing games with your {insert ANY family member here} ???

Or she was referring to something else you aren't conscious of doing.

JCal585 8

You smashed a birdie against you mom? Oh my..

RedPillSucks 31

He smashed his shuttlecock against his mom. Much worse

Ask your mom why she wants to play badminton with you. Maybe she just wants to enjoy some time with you and have a bit of a work out. If she spends all her time standing around feeling frustrated while you are playing like it's life or death and she can't return your shots, it sounds like you created a lose lose situation.

Sometimes just a simple game is good enough. Like when my mother and I play pool at the bar. I'm not very good but we don't make it too serious either. Maybe she's telling you to calm down and just enjoy the simplicity of a simple non game.

I don't get all the people going "let her win" because, in my experience, you know when someone let you win, and it feels like an insult. Either they think you can't handle losing, or you're not good enough to actually play seriously against, or they don't really want to be playing at all. At least, that's the way it may come across. Instead of going "let her win" why not say "don't play for points" I know when I suck at something playing without keeping score is much more fun.

Even though your mom is whining, you should have let her win a few games. After all she is your mother!