By Anonymous - 20/09/2011 00:46 - United States

Today, my mom made me teach my delusional gran web browsing. I barely made it to YouTube before she sneered at me, and told me to "stop pissing about before I smash your face in." Two hours and multiple slaps later, she still doesn't get what a URL is, and I fear for my life. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 247
You deserved it 3 045

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Lol man, I feel ya. Old people say "kids these days" but they don't appreciate our technological savvy-ness!

Old people and modern technology never mix

Comments

Lol man, I feel ya. Old people say "kids these days" but they don't appreciate our technological savvy-ness!

Glue her eyes to the screen and play dratic chipmunk repeatedly until her head explodrs

Say that you'll continue your teaching if you get paid about 1 billion dollars every 30 minutes.

hairguitarhero 5

Yeah, or better yet, 2 billion an hour!

jillianmathers12 13

My grandma is pretty good at the Internet! She has Facebook and hotmail and it only took her 2 years! Just be patient she will get it soon! You just need to keep repeating it. About being abusive: take it like a man!

MichellinMan 20

What would an old lady do on YouTube? There are only so many videos you can watch of cats doing cute things. Show her FML where she can bitch to us, instead of slapping you.

She's going to upload her foot to your ass drive if you don't watch it.

not all old people r like that. actually my grandmother majors in computer and technoligy. im pretty much the delusional grandma in your story.

No kidding. I had to teach my grandma to use her brand new Mac, which can be confusing anyways, but it was hell with someone who didn't know where to start.

YourEvilHero 12

put her in a retirement home. that'll teach her not to slap you.

All gran wants is the ****. Give her the pornz!

Grandma just wants you to get to the point. She's too old to be kept waiting.

OP, it's just the new era now, the era of the 'Technologically Advanced Grannies'. After reading this FML and the comments from other users, it has become apparent how many grannies are actually into the whole technology thing. I thought I was the only one who had to put up with teaching my grandma how to skype and Facebook... And how to use the actual computer. But like it was mentioned, it gets easier. My granny is very independent at it now and is going great - except, she doesn't quite understand how to shut down yet. She just presses the power button and is off.

I would have slapped her back and told her to figure it out

kosherkraut 5

That's true. My grandma is an IT technician and fixes my computer when its not working. Haven't convinced her to get a Facebook yet though.

IndiRae 9

She's an Internet technician technician? Sweet.

IT stands for Information Technology, not Internet Technician...

I'm just wondering if the guy has shown her any good YouTube video's yet.. Like honeybadger, Charlie bit me, evolution of dance, etc..

Or watch some Chris Smoove commentaries. They never get old.

maz255 10

heh two girls one cup MWAHAHA!!!!

Perhaps your Grandmother would enjoy Cr1tikal?

Old people and modern technology never mix

ShroomsOnAcid 16

True. They can't grasp the fact that a computer only does what YOU tell it to do, and that it does EXACTLY what you tell it to do. They expect it to magically read their mind and figure out what they sat down on it for, and take care of everything itself. In most cases, everything is not so complicated if you just think about it logically.

Thats not always true, my grandparents are extremely tech-savvy

Not always true, I know someone in their 80's who had a computer way before me and is very techno-savy.

catharsis5 9

What? Have you watch the video "webcam 101 for seniors"?

ieatunicorn4fun 7

Be like **** off granny before I kick you in your saggy muff!

tylersign 11

What happened to respecting your elders? Fuckface.

btnhdude 0

You're a bone-headed twit, 7. I want to kick you in your muff.

Elders don't get respect when they're bitches. It's as easy as that.

The interwebs just doesn't appeal to the older generations.

Both of my parents are in their 60's and each own a computer and are very savvy on them. My mom taught for the longest time. So saying the interwebs doesn't appeal to older generations is a blatant stereotype.

At least it's not an offensive stereotype. No need to freak out on him.

Wow that sucks my grandma does not even own a computer. She barely can work a cell phone.

SimpleMinds_fml 7

Hahah my grandma is like that. She types 2 letters a minute an doesn't know how to use a cell phone

MrSexyPants 14

My friend's grandma has an iPhone and iPad and she doesn't even know how to use them. She just likes looking cool. And autocorrect fixed iPad and iPod. How conceited.

superstar429 7

never teach an old dog new tricks and if its delusional even worse

TalkinSmack 6

Make ur gran some tea with some sedatives in it

aznpiboy24 5

Why not both, then prop her up on the toilet and leave her there.

klovemachine 24