By Anonymous - 21/09/2013 04:07 - United States - Mccomb

Today, my mom found my dad's hidden stash of cigarettes. He told her they were mine and now I have to spend two hours at therapy for my "smoking problem" every weekend. I've never smoked. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 173
You deserved it 3 523

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm pretty sure you can tell a smoker from a non smoker. Just tell your mom to check his teeth

Just tell your mom that you need your dad there for "support".

Comments

victoriaescobar 10

Why not just tell her they're his..?

People keep asking this. It's likely OP DID tell his mother they were his father's cigarettes, but she believed her husband over her son because he's the adult and OP is the child. My grandma used to live with me, my siblings, and my parents when I was growing up. She often lied to my parents about us to get us in trouble. We would try to argue but my parents would always believe her because she was the grownup. Then one day they caught her in a lie and then the game was up. She got caught in a few more lies, and then she was soon put in a retirement home.

I never understood why parents wouldn't believe their own children, unless they had a prior reputation for lying.

But why wouldn't you believe your own mother, or in the case of OP, your own husband? Adults find other adults more credible than children by nature. That's just the way it is. I don't blame my parents for what my siblings and I went through as children. They just acted on what was most plausible to them at the time. I blame my liar of a grandmother.

What Op needs to do is get some sort of proof, go to the doctors, get the father caught in a lie.

kyu_Q 19

The previous poster is correct. adults tend to believe adults. Usually because they believe an adult is less likely to lie than a child would to get it off trouble. But more times than not is because they are in denial and the WANT to believe the adult. This is why we end up with children being sexuality abused fit years by the same person. They try to tell then they are called a liar and punished for telling. You can usually smell a smoker. Their clothes, breath and even sweat. OP'S mom seems to be in denial.

cheezball63 8

Your dad doesn't have the balls to admit it was his cigarettes

Hide some weed or sumthing then blame it on your dad...then look at him and say now we're even

Does it really seem to you that his mother would blame his dad? He'd just get more therapy for the weed.

Well if you know that..get a pic on your phone...for proof..,

Holy smokes, if your father has a secret stash, he should be there with you!

maggiefox 25
Scorpio1691 29

Tell you mother that you let them do a Cotinine (COT) test on yourself - the test will prove that you don't smoke - then suggest that your father take it. If you receive passive smoke however it will however show up there.