By topaz23 - 16/04/2015 16:34 - Canada - Surrey

Today, my husband told me he doesn't see the point in trying anymore, and that he no longer loves me. I was devastated. He stayed on the couch while I went to bed. Ten minutes later, he said, "Do you mind? I'm trying to sleep." and asked me to shut up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 741
You deserved it 3 210

topaz23 tells us more.

I want to thank everyone for their comments. When I went to bed crying it was nearly 4am and he had to pick up our 2 kids from his moms house at 6am. We have our issues and it's just one if those humps we are trying to get over. I posted venting cause I was frustrated. He travels lots for work and hardly sees me and our kids I think a big part of it is depression. Not that that's an excuse. We talked more before he had to leave out of town again today for 2 weeks and we are gonna try and resolve our issues though I'm not sure how well that will work out. But I am trying to stay positive. As much as it hurts he's doing his best to be honest with me and talk it through. We were both just very tired and like I said he had to pick up our kids. We have been together nearly 6 years. And he's the only person I love and trust the only ones I love more are our kids. Now matter how hard this is hurting me right now I am trying to look at the positive and moved forward.

Top comments

That's horrible- I hope you find someone better who will treat you right and deserve you. Until then, just focus on moving on and making yourself happy. It will get better, I promise.

As much as this sucks and hurts like hell right now, he's shown his true colors. (they read: MAJOR ASSHOLE) This is an opportunity to find someone who will actually love and respect you- good luck!

Comments

Damn that's brutal. I'm sorry OP I really hope you find someone worthy of your heart.

Divorce him then, if he really doesn't love you anymore then he should have no problems leaving, if he does then kick him out

What a piece of shit... Karma rules the world, what goes around comes around.

gabby_john_ 15

He will definitely regret it in the future. You will find a great guy I promise(:

obviouslydavid 2

You deserve it because you're still with him

Marriage is more than emotions. It takes commitment, sacrifice and hard work. This is a recent event for OP. You don't just give up a marriage because one spouse acts like that for one moment. You delve deeper into the underlying issues and try to fix it together. Stating OP deserves it because she is still married to him is ignorant. Divorce is not an overnight process. It takes time.

Divorce has a waiting period in most states. Dissolving a marriage is time consuming even when it isn't difficult.

aukaylaheath 16

This really upsets me. I hope you find someone better.

Wait, you went to bed and he asked you to shut up 10 minutes later. Did he think you were still in the room?

It means that her crying was keeping him awake. He was being a major dick.

ezrajab 22

Omg that's terrible! I am sorry op find someone who deserves you!

It sounds to me like you need to save your marriage. Everyone else in here will tell you that you deserve better, but you married him for a reason. Somewhere along the way you both lost sight of that, but you can ALWAYS bring it back. Don't loose sight of that, and don't loose hope. The fact that you were devastated says you still love him. Love him harder than you ever have before. He will notice. Save your marriage. You DO love each other.

If he thinks her crying is annoying, why would he listen to anything she SAYS? He obviously doesn't give a shit about the relationship or marriage if he broke the relationship just like that. It's not worth it to waste your emotions on somebody who doesn't care about you. What you described is more trouble than it's worth.

And that reason was probably blindness.

48, I see what you're saying, and I agree that people should try and fix/work on the marriage before getting a divorce. I do believe that marriages can be brought back from almost any situation and that counselling can do wonders. However, with that said, it takes 2 people to bring the marriage back. If he says he doesn't love her anymore, and can deliver that kind of a devastating blow and not only ignore her cries but tell her to shut up, than I highly doubt he's going to want to do counselling. My sister-in-law was married & divorced before she married my brother, and as a Christian, she believed that marriages were a lifetime commitment, and divorce was a last resort. But her husband told her he didn't love her, didn't want to be married & didn't want counselling. She couldn't do anything about it, and he divorced her. Working on a marriage takes 2 people, and if one of those people drops out, sadly there's often nothing you can do to repair it, even if you want to.

"Love him harder than you ever have before. He will notice." Broken relationships with toxic people don't work that way.

You can't always bring it back. Believing that will only set her up for more emotional abuse later--because that's what this behavior is.

That would only work if they both wanted the marriage to be fixed. He obviously doesn't want to be in a relationship with her, so why would she want to try to "love him harder"? Marriages fail for many reasons. People change, they find someone else, they decide that they want to be single, blah blah blah. We don't know exactly what caused him to fall out of love with OP, but after his declaration and his callousness toward her, I'd say that the marriage is over.

If it's your house, kick him out. Don't let that asshole sleep under the same roof as you if he doesn't want the relationship anymore.

If he won't move out, then I'd suggest staying at a hotel or a friends place for awhile. At least so you can grieve in peace & come back when you're ready to talk & deal with the situation.