By topaz23 - 16/04/2015 16:34 - Canada - Surrey

Today, my husband told me he doesn't see the point in trying anymore, and that he no longer loves me. I was devastated. He stayed on the couch while I went to bed. Ten minutes later, he said, "Do you mind? I'm trying to sleep." and asked me to shut up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 741
You deserved it 3 210

topaz23 tells us more.

I want to thank everyone for their comments. When I went to bed crying it was nearly 4am and he had to pick up our 2 kids from his moms house at 6am. We have our issues and it's just one if those humps we are trying to get over. I posted venting cause I was frustrated. He travels lots for work and hardly sees me and our kids I think a big part of it is depression. Not that that's an excuse. We talked more before he had to leave out of town again today for 2 weeks and we are gonna try and resolve our issues though I'm not sure how well that will work out. But I am trying to stay positive. As much as it hurts he's doing his best to be honest with me and talk it through. We were both just very tired and like I said he had to pick up our kids. We have been together nearly 6 years. And he's the only person I love and trust the only ones I love more are our kids. Now matter how hard this is hurting me right now I am trying to look at the positive and moved forward.

Top comments

That's horrible- I hope you find someone better who will treat you right and deserve you. Until then, just focus on moving on and making yourself happy. It will get better, I promise.

As much as this sucks and hurts like hell right now, he's shown his true colors. (they read: MAJOR ASSHOLE) This is an opportunity to find someone who will actually love and respect you- good luck!

Comments

MetalSonicCD 13

Yeah, just dump him or physically hurt him like everyone says, that's a great idea! Or, instead of acting like a child, try to talk to him and see what the problems are that makes him feel like that, whether it be you or him, or someone else. Its insensitive to say that, but you have to communicate, not just jump the gun like every comment says.

kick him out. he'll beg for those noises after sleeping in the gutter

Sorry to hear that.OP.my suggestion,you give you guys a month and within this month you buy some new clothes, do exercise,learn some new cooking,do things to make you perfect,a month later he will find out what a great person you are ,he will feel sorry for what he did,then you kick his sorry ass out,make him feel sorry for the rest of his life.then you find someone better.

You sound like a strong woman, OP. You and your family will get through this. My best to all of you.

Epickitty58 29

Why would nearly 2000 people say YDI? Who deserves to have their spouse tell them that they don't love them anymore? What makes it worse is that the husband proceeded to tell his wife to shut up, after telling her that he fell out of love with her. Nobody deserves that kind of bombshell.

you know what? to all the people who said she deserved this, you are heartless. I cannot believe how absurd it is that you would even, in your right mind, think that this person is deserving marriage issues. why does it benefit you to say she deserves this? it benefits me to know I'm sure you're going to burn in hell.

He said he wanted to try but now he doesn't. He thinks it'll get better and then it'll get hard again so why bother trying. Yes I've made some mistakes but so has he. But I am trying to fix it. I'm not sure how much longer I should try though. No matter how much I love him I can't be with someone who doesn't feel the same. I need to start thinking about what's best for me and my kids whether that means I keep trying or divorce. But I'm not sure of anything yet I just need to think things through.

Good luck, OP! I wish the best for you and your kids.

A marriage doesn't work when both people aren't working on it. It's hard to start a new life but it's easier than living a lie.

Tell him to get out and find someone better - don't allow yourself to treated like trash by some d-bag like that

curiouslilbird 19

So sorry you're going through this, OP. Job stress and having no real time to communicate definitely strains a marriage, and with the added worries about the children caught in the middle, neither of you is getting a chance to be happy. (From the wording in the original post, I wasn't sure which of you is suffering from depression, but it's likely you both are.) A marriage counselor could potentially help clear the air, but it sounds like there's a lot more emotional hurt going on that needs to be psychologically handled, too. If you and your husband can get on the same page, i.e., "let's first try to fix this for the kids' sake if nothing else," then I think that'll be a good start. Hugs and good thoughts coming your way. :)

Why would you post that?why would you post this?