By topaz23 - 16/04/2015 16:34 - Canada - Surrey

Today, my husband told me he doesn't see the point in trying anymore, and that he no longer loves me. I was devastated. He stayed on the couch while I went to bed. Ten minutes later, he said, "Do you mind? I'm trying to sleep." and asked me to shut up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 741
You deserved it 3 210

topaz23 tells us more.

I want to thank everyone for their comments. When I went to bed crying it was nearly 4am and he had to pick up our 2 kids from his moms house at 6am. We have our issues and it's just one if those humps we are trying to get over. I posted venting cause I was frustrated. He travels lots for work and hardly sees me and our kids I think a big part of it is depression. Not that that's an excuse. We talked more before he had to leave out of town again today for 2 weeks and we are gonna try and resolve our issues though I'm not sure how well that will work out. But I am trying to stay positive. As much as it hurts he's doing his best to be honest with me and talk it through. We were both just very tired and like I said he had to pick up our kids. We have been together nearly 6 years. And he's the only person I love and trust the only ones I love more are our kids. Now matter how hard this is hurting me right now I am trying to look at the positive and moved forward.

Top comments

That's horrible- I hope you find someone better who will treat you right and deserve you. Until then, just focus on moving on and making yourself happy. It will get better, I promise.

As much as this sucks and hurts like hell right now, he's shown his true colors. (they read: MAJOR ASSHOLE) This is an opportunity to find someone who will actually love and respect you- good luck!

Comments

sorry OP ! hope things get better for you soon... !!

Wow, what an unmitigated bastard. I'm so sorry, OP. I'd make a nice bonfire of his clothing and tell him to GTFO

I want to thank everyone for their comments. When I went to bed crying it was nearly 4am and he had to pick up our 2 kids from his moms house at 6am. We have our issues and it's just one if those humps we are trying to get over. I posted venting cause I was frustrated. He travels lots for work and hardly sees me and our kids I think a big part of it is depression. Not that that's an excuse. We talked more before he had to leave out of town again today for 2 weeks and we are gonna try and resolve our issues though I'm not sure how well that will work out. But I am trying to stay positive. As much as it hurts he's doing his best to be honest with me and talk it through. We were both just very tired and like I said he had to pick up our kids. We have been together nearly 6 years. And he's the only person I love and trust the only ones I love more are our kids. Now matter how hard this is hurting me right now I am trying to look at the positive and moved forward.

You're handling this impressively, keeping your head up. Your kids probably couldn't ask for a better mother in this situation. I know only too well how it feels to love someone who is hurting you - the hurt doesn't automatically make the love turn into hatred, and that's okay, despite what people might tell you. I really do hope this situation resolves itself and he regains his peace of mind so you can return to a happy family life, but if it doesn't, please remember that it's okay to mourn him. He's not just "some asshole who you're better off without". But you're strong, and whatever happens you'll be okay, I'm pretty sure of that.

we all can feel your pain and have sympathies with you. Be strong and positive.... Always remember No matter how bad the situation is,it must be going to end sometime...

josiemorehouse 12

OP, my heart goes out to you. It's good that you guys are going to work on it. However, if you're depressed and unhappy, you have to consider that maybe being in this marriage is unhealthy and contributing to your depression and unhappiness. And being depressed and unhappy will put further strain on the marriage. I suggest speaking with a neutral party: a therapist or someone at church. One thing to keep in mind is that your kids see how you and your husband are together, you're depressed and he's basically given up. Sometimes it's better to raise your kids in a happy but broken home than to raise them in an unhappy home. I'm sure they would much rather see their parents happy, even if that means they aren't together. Good luck OP.

I have no idea what your pain feels like, OP, but I can empathize with you. I can't even begin to imagine the hurt you're feeling constantly. I really hope you both make it out of this, if not together, at least happier. Nobody deserves this sort of pain. Love is so beautiful, but it can also be tragically tormenting. My heart is with you right now. Your whole family as well, I know this can't be easy.

kellyem2 20

When you're in the middle of dealing with these kinds of issues it can seem like it's easier to just start over than try to keep pushing through things, so I can understand where he's coming from. Not that it makes it easy for you to hear, and that definitely doesn't mean giving up is the right answer. No matter what you both deserve to be happy and have a fulfilling life. I hope you find the right path to get there, OP.

Me and wife went through something like this a few months ago. We hardly spoke to each other for a few days but since we love each other we decided to forgive each other. Hopefully if you love your husband enough you'll forgive him

Hey, OP. Sorry to hear about your situation but I think a site called "Divorce Busting" will be of immense help to you. It's a place for people to post about their situations with others providing advice. Goodluck.

Wow you're really strong and handling this so well. I hope you guys work through it.

Been going through the same thing myself (though we aren't married) talking it out really does help! He actually started taking Zoloft and it helped him a lot. Though we aren't back to 100% we are taking it one day at a time. Can't imagine being with anybody else. It's almost like we've kinda gone back to "dating", no romantic pressure at all. It's not easy trying to listen and not take what he's saying personally. Just know you aren't alone.

Please just dont stay together for the kids. Having two happy homes is way better than one unhappy one.

1known_fml 8

It is difficult to comment without really knowing you or what happened before, but just to react at one sentence of your comment: he shouldn't be after your kids. It can seem hard but in a couple your number one priority is your spouse. It doesn't mean you don't have other priorities, but they come after that one. Hope everything will go fine.

Depression, called it. Stay strong, OP. If you can make it through this together, you'll have a bond with your husband stronger than ever. Good luck!

Well i would say i know what you are going thro... but im 14 and i can emotionally distach myself extremely easy. However i do want to offer some help. What ever you do dont hide it from the kids dont badmouth each other but let them understand slowly things arent working out so they get used to the idea of divorce if that has to happen most likely the kids already know but this way it isnt a shock

Good luck. Make sure to pay attention to your kids though. I can tell you from experience that fighting parents can be hell for the kids.

This wasn't even remotely funny, but thoroughly heartbreaking...

I am sorry hun no one ever deserve to be treated like that, I hope you the best and the douche is out of your life for good. Be positive and remember the Internet is always there to comfort you?

Sounds like he is an emotionally abusive ass that you are better off without.

gintwinsmoore 20

this is truly the saddest FML I've ever read...fyl, OP. I'm so sorry you're going through this but I hope you are strong enough to let him go . It's only going to get worse if he's starting to say things like that to you.

I'm so sorry to hear that op. I'm going through something similar. I know it's tough right now, but it will all work out. have faith and I wish you all the best.

Asshole husband. You deserve wayyyy better. You can do this!

all the best OP, you guys will work it out well!