By Anonymous - 16/09/2014 17:44 - Netherlands - Haarlem

Today, my husband and I broke the news that I'm pregnant. Our 8-year-old son's reactions so far have been crying inconsolably, trying to punch me in the stomach, and swearing that he won't let me give him a brother or sister. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 017
You deserved it 5 261

Same thing different taste

Top comments

2ndSucks 15

My sister was very upset when we found out we were getting a younger sister too. It'll get better when he realizes you won't abandon him for the new kid.

Wow. I really hope you're not letting him off lightly for trying to punch you in the stomach, that's scary.

Comments

2ndSucks 15

My sister was very upset when we found out we were getting a younger sister too. It'll get better when he realizes you won't abandon him for the new kid.

Thanks to the Internet, I've found out that a lot of kids react negatively to their mother being pregnant. My advice is to make sure your kid doesn't feel like you've abandoned them.

My parents show favorites. They yell at me all the time and my brother gets anything he wants, even when he's being a little shit

My brother is 13 and I still hate him more than anyone else I've ever come into contact with

When I was three I tried to run my sister over with a remote control car when she was on the floor.

Sisonduty 8

My family thinks that I'm trying to suffocate my 3-month old baby brother. While everyone thinks I don't want a brother, here I am trying to convince them that I don't mind having a baby brother.

He'll change his mind when the baby comes. Congratulations though.

My older sister was not happy when I came along. My parents had to keep me away from her because she tried to smother me with a pillow and poke out my eyes! Evil!!!

Unless he turns out like that super freaky psychopathically challenged kid in one of the SVU episodes who hated his sister so much that he tries to burn the house down with her inside... Hope not OP :-)

Some people love being only children. I wish I was one. Very badly.

#17 just show him planet of the apes, that'd teach him

Most people around me changed their minds when their sibling came along

Dreamsorrow93 24

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

he will get used to the idea eventually. just make sure you include him in everything :)

Wow. I really hope you're not letting him off lightly for trying to punch you in the stomach, that's scary.

You need to be sensitive to his feelings OP but at the same time he is 8 years old and he should not be punching you in the stomach. Sit him down and calmly explain that you understand his feelings and that your love for him will not change when the baby comes, but then firmly explain that hitting is never ok and there will be consequences if he tries that again. 8 years old is old enough to know not to hit and to understand consequences. He may not like the idea of a sibling now but he will come around and in time he will love that sibling so much.

I was actually wishing for a little sister. Now that I have one, I strongly regret it.