Good news!

By Anonymous - 03/08/2023 08:00

Today, I told my family I’m pregnant again. My boyfriend is now sat outside, crying and getting drunk. My oldest son is looking at apartments for rent because he doesn’t want to be around screaming babies again, and my younger two are crying because they don’t want another sibling either. FML
I agree, your life sucks 351
You deserved it 1 660

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Consider it a valuable life lesson. Pets and babies affect the entire family, not just you. Either everybody old enough to think through an opinion agrees to the plan or you don’t get them. Just because having another kid seems to have been something *you* wanted doesn’t mean *they* wanted it. I’m just sorry for them that you learned this lesson too late.

You didn't even discuss it with your other half, let alone the rest of your family, before hand? What an absolute arsehole.

Comments

Consider it a valuable life lesson. Pets and babies affect the entire family, not just you. Either everybody old enough to think through an opinion agrees to the plan or you don’t get them. Just because having another kid seems to have been something *you* wanted doesn’t mean *they* wanted it. I’m just sorry for them that you learned this lesson too late.

You didn't even discuss it with your other half, let alone the rest of your family, before hand? What an absolute arsehole.

I think that you know by now how babies are made?????

Yes they know, and they LIKE that part.

You announced your (unplanned?) pregnancy to your whole family at the same time? Shouldn't your partner know first?

If you're lucky enough to live in Free America, you can choose to bring a new baby into your toxic hellstew of a "family" or not. Sorry if you live in Gilead.

You can't choose in free America anymore, sorry bud.

So you made a selfish dumb decsion without asking or thinking about anyone else, good for you your bring in a heavily resented baby into the world that only you wanted, your a idiot.

Your family isn't obligated to be happy about this news. Was this pregnancy planned? Did you even talk about this with your partner first? So many questions.

wouldn’t your boyfriend know to pull out?

@xaddrus - Pulling out doesn't work, FYI.

Apparently not and the concept of birth control.

Your bf may want to invest in a vasectomy at this point

We need more information. First off, given your boyfriend's reaction, I'd say you two weren't planning on getting pregnant together. So, were you tricking/trapping him? Like, were you saying you were on birth control but you weren't? And if he didn't want more kids, he should have used a condom. And honestly, it sounds like you have more than enough kids... it sounds like you were being very irresponsible. Probably how you wound up with all the others.