By Anonymous - 16/09/2014 17:44 - Netherlands - Haarlem

Today, my husband and I broke the news that I'm pregnant. Our 8-year-old son's reactions so far have been crying inconsolably, trying to punch me in the stomach, and swearing that he won't let me give him a brother or sister. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 017
You deserved it 5 261

Same thing different taste

Top comments

2ndSucks 15

My sister was very upset when we found out we were getting a younger sister too. It'll get better when he realizes you won't abandon him for the new kid.

Wow. I really hope you're not letting him off lightly for trying to punch you in the stomach, that's scary.

Comments

Alastrina_fml 20

The 8 year old needs to be spanked.

Are you sure your son isn't s recarnation of Stewie

ImpracticalJoekr 9

I would definitely keep an eye on him when the baby is born. Maybe he'll change his mind, who knows, but this is a scary way to react.

give your son a little more time to digest...

Punish him when he tries to punch you, it's never okay for a kid to hit an adult unprovoked. But otherwise it sounds like a reasonable way to react, if he doesnt want a sibling he's not exactly going to be enthusiastic. He'll just have to live with it whether he likes the new baby or not.

godhelpusall111 12

Tell him that you'll still love him when the new child comes, and that he must never punch you in the stomach, or anywhere for that matter.

My older sister acted like that when my mom told her she was pregnant with me and I'm here.

SexyMexi21 23

Wow. too much mortica and gomez . how the kids try to get rid of the new baby. he'll adjust.

We are going through this with my 3 year old. I picked him up and locked him in his room. Had to, to protect myself and the baby. When he calms down talk to him about how he is feeling. Ask him why he does not want a little sibling. If you involve him during your pregnancy, it can help as well. (Helping to pick out the crib, baby sheets, etc. and when the baby is born, holding it, etc. That will help him to cope and bond.)