By Anonymous - 02/12/2010 21:50 - United States

Today, my girlfriend told me she wanted get to know my mom, so they went off and had a chat. After an hour, I noticed my girlfriend was gone and my mom was waiting for me. Apparently I've been dumped through my mother. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 541
You deserved it 2 854

Same thing different taste

Top comments

BehindTheSun 2

... Dude, you never leave a new girlfriend alone with your mom. Good things do not happen.

It's your relationship, you should be in control.

Comments

BehindTheSun 2

... Dude, you never leave a new girlfriend alone with your mom. Good things do not happen.

Truthiness is a perfectly cromulent word.

KingDingALing 9

Actually, girls shouldn't leave their boyfriends with their mother. Chances are they might bang bang skeet skeet.

People keep assuming that the mom did or said something to make the gf break up with OP. Maybe she's been wanting to break up with him and found it easier to make his mom do it than do it herself.

wDeemish 0

BehindTheSun isn't that Joe Brooks in your DP :p ?

BehindTheSun 2

I was under the impression that it was some guy named Alexander something or another, but I suppose it could be the guy you mentioned. I never post my own pictures on websites, seems stupid. I just liked the guitar in the pic.

well... if I was to be alone with my boyfriend's mother she would probably kill me with hate... so no, no good can come from that... I'm sorry for you OP... but if she didn't have the guts to tell you herself she wasn't worth keeping anyway.

cadillacgal79 32

14-I've been left with my boyfriends grandma and we get along just fine.

Ok, so did your mum try and get this to happen, or was your girlfriend just wussy enough to not be able to tell her yourself? Because neither is a good scenario, the former means you should find out what your mum's problem was, and if it was trivial ignore her and get your girl back, or listen to her/consider her point if it's a valid one. If your girlfriend was just a wuss, be glad she's gone, a girl like that doesn't have high hopes of being happy in a relationship if she can't communicate her issues in one.

Why do u have 2 b so serius all da time?? Liten up! Lololol Just wanted to get that out of the way before the other asshats. Good advice, as usual.

Why thank you. But for a moment there I thought I'd have to bother correcting grammar/spelling. Phew! :P

And the award for most intelligent commenter goes to.... We'll find out after the break!

ieatdeadcats 0

I agree with 19, you are always writing serious responds! half the crap on here is fake anyways.

And the award for most intelligent commenter goes to.... We'll find out after the break!

perhaps she did that because she wanted to essentially soften the impact of the pain by ur mum saying it or she was a pussy in that she has no guts to tell you face to face

kimsycraver 4

heya i was laughing so hard about fml...

What did you expect, when you go and have a mother like that. It serves your right for ever even CONSIDERING having a mother.

Right? I mean, who has a mother these days????

Mercy, that sounds vaguely like a kid's book I read all those decades ago when television was called "books". Anyway, if it were my utopia, there'd be no fire hydrants either. Anyone whose house caught fire deserves it for having a house, so no need for fire departments or fire hydrants. QED.

juhnaynay 0

what a shitty girlfriend she can't even tell you herself