By Anonymous - 28/02/2016 15:57 - United Kingdom

Today, my girlfriend dumped me because I've recently become serious about getting fit, and have lost nearly 84 pounds. Apparently, when I was fat, I made her look smaller in comparison. When I got slimmer, she insisted I either gain the weight back or she'd leave. So she did. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 430
You deserved it 1 642

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ColCyclone 17

she did you a favor. Can't imagine the relationship would have been great anyway with her personality

Look, if she was only with you to feel better about herself, it's much better this way.

Comments

How much did she weigh? Add that to your weight loss and feel good about it.

Well good. You don't deserve someone that's out to ruin your happiness. You'll find someone better. Congrats on the weight loss. Both her and literally. :p

Who in their right mind would tell their significant other to be unhealthy and gain a bunch of weight? Who in their right mind would tell their significant other "you're more attractive than me. I want you to be less attractive than me because I'm jealous. So instead of using your health success as a support system to start my own journey, I'm going to degrade you and try to get you to let yourself go so I won't have to get off the couch". **** THAT. I picked "you're life sucks", but it really. REALLY. Doesn't. Good for you for getting healthy AND losing that drag down of a girlfriend.

No need to cry over that one. That's what you call *shallow* and *insecure*. Congrats on the weight loss bud.

Good for you, you don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

You are better of without her. Congratulations on the weight loss.

ThreeSheets 14

I'd love a partner to work out with and give each other encouragement !!! Maybe you'll find someone at the gym! Luck, OP!!!

Isa_fml 20

I know it probably hurts right now, but you'll get through this. That was a very shallow and selfish thing for her to do, and you don't need that kind of shit in your life. You'll be fine, and hopefully find someone who supports you more. Congratulations on your weight loss!

Good riddance op. You are lucky it ended

You deserve it because you deserve better than her. So ydi